Starfield (2023)

Looking forward to this one too but man after watching that I feel exhausted. Just so much to do.

My own fault really as I have a compulsion to click ‘accept’ for every random thing that comes up in these types of games. Hopefully you can at least skip out on shooting lasers at rocks and still move the story along.

You guys see this?

Another one to be cautiously optimistic about I think.

2 Likes

If someone would make a half way decent space mining title I’d be so there. Sadly I will continue to dream.

2 Likes

That was my absolute favourite one. I got bored with skyrik after 100 or so hours, didnt like the snowy bleakness of it all.
The sweaty beauty of morrowind and the classic fantasy of oblivion were just so amazing to explore.
And no draugrs.

1 Like

2 Likes

And endless draugrs

2 Likes

Looks impressive but for me, I’m not so big on RPG - 'pends on how much blah there is in it. STALKER was about the limit for me, and Call Of Pripyat was getting a bit too much.
That’s why I didn’t buy Skyrim or Fallout (4) on their launch or until they had VR - when I actually enjoyed Skyrim, but unfortunately FO4 caused me too much queasiness.

Deffo worth keeping an eye on this.

1 Like

Me too. I loved the (Let’s just call them Elves) architecture more than the (Let’s just call them Dwarves).

2 Likes

It was just a nicer place to be! Grand architecture and going for a walk wasnt like living through the day after tomorrow.

“Lovely day for a walk to cheydinhal”
“What lovely forest”
“Ohhh look a dangerous wolf”
smack
“Back to my lovely walk”

Whereas.

“Im cold and tired”
Oh look a wolf
Oh look a draugr
Oh look another wolf
Oh ffs a dragon
Another bloody wolf
Finally
I can go back to being cold again

How far have i gone? Turn around and still see the city guards.

God it got boring. I loved it, but oblivion was just so much more pleasant

2 Likes

Not a fan of Fallout 3 then :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

That was MEANT to be bleak. :rofl:

2 Likes

I still consider Morrowind the best setting even if the bugs were aplenty and the animation janky to say the least

3 Likes

Morrowind, i felt was just so weirdly mysterious and interesting. Little bits of intriguing fun everywhere.
Really excellent adventures

4 Likes

Absolutely

2 Likes

I have great memories of all elder scrolls games. Fallout… not so much. I found them depressing. Nihilistic. Looking really forward to neglecting my DCS for Starfield though!

4 Likes

I can understand that.

But, I’ve always loved both how thoughtful post apocalyptic games can make you (not always for the better) and, particularly as a mil pilot, over the top gallows humor.

So, Fallout was kind of a perfect storm for me.

2 Likes

Yep. The black comedy of fallout was amazing.

So…

What we calling our ships in starfield. I have a few favourites

Echo 419 (god bless you foehammer)

Trotters Independant Trader (@tempusmurphy will get that one)

The Shagohod

2 Likes

:white_check_mark:

4 Likes

Hmmm, haven’t really given that any thought! A few off the top of my head:

Endeavour (in honour of a certain Captain)
Lighthugger (thank you Alastair Reynolds)
Atropos (Atropos was the fate who cut the thread of life and the name of the first tank that I crewed)
Ragnarok (just because I think it makes a cool name for a spaceship)

Edit: Ooh, just thought of the name - Fenrir (the wolf who swallowed the Sun)… that works as the name for a spaceship :slight_smile:

However, if the ship already has a name I think I will stick with it. The re-naming ceremony for a normal boat is enough of a PITA. I would hate to think what you would have to go through for a spaceship :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

In Elite I name my ships after ex-girlfriends and previous dogs we’ve had. In fact I do that with any nameable objects in games.

1 Like

:wink:

Back when I was playing EVE Online I had a Maelstrom named after the mother in law - ‘The Fat Cow’

3 Likes