Steam sales started!

I only played SP, can’t remember now if there is MP component selectable in the menu, probably is. Gameplay is fun and it really shows that the original team is behind it. From what I can tell it runs on Unreal Engine. It’s old school Descent in modern form.

2 Likes

Is Overload best played with Joystick or Keyboard/Mouse?

I loved the original Descent. I used to work in a computer retail store. When the game came out they had a demo area with 3 PCs hooked up in a LAN and equiped with Logitech Wingman Extreme on two machines and I think the other had a CH stick. My breaks usually were rather long when I forgot time playing this game :wink:

1 Like

$34.99 USD Lowest price yet for DR2 Deluxe.

1 Like

Dirt Rally 2 is excellent. Just be prepared to have your arse thoroughly kicked by the AI :grinning:

And…

1 Like

I wish there were more WWII shooters with single player/coop focus instead of MP.

Sure, having MP is important for the long term longevity, but to this day two of my favorite FPS of all time were the Hidden and Dangerous series. H&D2 especially, as it had coop for some levels and mods allowed pretty much all of them to do it. Played them both multiple times through, awesome games.

The only series left doing that is Sniper Elite. I have the whole series and other than the first one which dated horribly (compare it to others that came out that same year and it was awful then…was it FEAR came out then?) I’ve played them all SP and coop numerous times through.

4 Likes

You can play it with joystick or gamepad, but I prefer mouse+keyboard with autoleveling off. Habit from old times I guess…

1 Like

Farming simulator 19 anyone? Mudspike Farm in multiplayer?

Will it make us mow the greens on our golf courses?

Whatever answer gets people playing…

1 Like

I haven’t put near the time into FS19 as I did in FS15 or FS17, but I’m game. I never played MP in any of them, but I’d be interested with a reasonable group of people.

I play with full HOTAS + TrackIR. But, honestly, It’s probably more efficient to play with M+KB, as it’s essentially a FPS.

1 Like

Well this year I really didn’t spend to much for a change!

Brigador is a riot! I really like it. I’m about ten missions into the campaign and it’s a nice change from what I’ve been playing recently.

Doom and heretic etc were my childhood! I wanted to get some decent copies for my little boy and me to play together as we have been working through the half life games and he’s been loving them so I thought so cartooney shoot em ups were needed! I frickin love doom…i installed zdoom as well so he got 4k graphics and better controls! Lucky boy!

I don’t often drive F1 sims these days, preferring rally over what can become monotonous at times. But I still follow the RL series and am curious as to the state of the sim, the newer tracks, and what it is like to drive with the halo. This seems like a pretty good deal for that purpose.

I managed to only buy that one game, I am surprised.

Saghen and I both got fs19 for those on the fence. Come join us and get your farm on.

2 Likes

Whats the farm name (or however that works)? I should have some time this evening to do some farming.

We need somebody to host a dedicated server, so we can have a persistent farrm

I’m looking into renting one unless some here is already capable of hosting themselves.

H&D2 was very good. We used to play coop with 5 to 8 people, computer AI set to max, drinking beer and having fun. It sometimes took 2 or 3 evenings to finish a single level.

Same for Rainbow 6 and that similar game that took place outside in the open. Forgot the name.

2 Likes

Either Ghost Recon or Sum of All Fears.