Steelbeasts Pro PE; on the road with Duke

Hi guys,

back on track with BG ANZAC again this thursday.
As I told you, the guys playing around with an attack mission.

Here you an find an AAR from a past game:

This time @Panzer_Leader came up with this plan:

Tasks to subordinate units:

V41A
Establish covert mounted OP at GR 231 104. Identify enemy units in OBJ 1 (use ‘Shift’ + ‘Ctrl’ (Lase)). Return fire only.
Establish covert dismounted OP with Javelin team at GR 225 116. Identify enemy units north-side of OBJ 2 (use ‘Shift’ + ‘Ctrl’ (Lase)).
Destroy identified enemy units once T11 commences firing.
When I21 and I22 firm on RL DRAGOON, consolidate at OP V41E and proceed to Support By Fire (SBF) position on RL DRAGOON. Be prepared to support assault and clearance of north-side of OBJ 2 by I21 or I22.

T11
Assault to Attack By Fire (ABF) position and suppress OBJ 1 with direct fires. Priority of targets: T-80, BTR-80, Armoured Engineering Vehicle, bunkers, infantry.
Over watch T12A and E71 during conduct of minefield breach and I21 and I22 during assault and clearance of OBJ 1.
Advance via south side of OBJ 1 to RL DRAGOON. Be prepared to assault and clear south-side of OBJ 2 on order to BASALT.

T12A
Assault to checkpoint 51 and commence breach of minefield.
After successful breach proceed to SBF position and suppress OBJ 1 with direct fires. Priority of targets: T-80, BTR-80, Armoured Engineering Vehicle, bunkers, infantry.
Allow I21 to pass through for assault on OBJ 1. When I21 and I22 commence assault on OBJ 1, follow and provide intimate support. Clear any local barriers obstructing advance of assault force.

E71
Breach Force commander.
Follow 500 metres behind T12A to checkpoint 51.
Proof breach made by T12A and position a vehicle at entry and exit to breach vicinity checkpoints 51 and 52.
Upon proof of breach, confirm success and GR of breach entry to OC.
Guide and coordinate traffic through breach.

I21 / I22
When T12A reaches checkpoint 52, assault to checkpoint 51.
When E71 confirms breach proofed, proceed through breach in order I21, I22.
Proceed to GRANITE. I21 north of centre and I22 south of centre.
On order, assault and clear OBJ 1 to RL DRAGOON. T12A will provide intimate support and clear any local barriers obstructing advance.
Consolidate on RL DRAGOON.
Be prepared for I21 or I22 to assault and clear north-side of OBJ 2 to BASALT. V41 will provide support by fire.

T12
Combat Team reserve.
Be prepared to reinforce T11 or T12A on order.

I28
Be prepared to recover and repair any immobilised or damaged vehicles.
Be prepared to recover any immobilised vehicles from minefield, including breach.

I was in charge of the T12A and the engineer section again.
During the planning phase I made some routes and waypoints for my units.

Because the space in a M113 is limited with all the grunts and stuff, I openend the hatches and let some guys watch out.

During I was waiting for my signal to move out, the Cav guys moved to their observation positions and our FO prepared
some smoke missions to cover the breach. The Cav guys spotted the first enemys too, one T-80 some BTRs and an engineer vehicle.

After the smoke screen was active, @Jumo and his T11 was moving in position and fired the first rounds to the enemy.

They did a good job. I got my order to start and moved out, along my prepared routes.
Because I prepared everything in the planning phase, I had some time to look around in the Gunner position.

Nothing to gun this time, the smoke screen was still active and I started my breach with one M1A2. I hold one back in reserve.

Here you can see my prepared plan for the breaching operation.

Hot work.

The breach was finished and now I had to mark the breach line with some flags. For this I used my M113.

Time to gave a SITREP and to wait for the first platoon. During the meantime I over watched with one M1A2 and prepared a second breach line with the second M1A2.

The company started the attack and I21 was the first callsign at the breach line.

Last time everything went well, but this time one driver was not following the flags and hit a mine.

God dammit…
He was blocking the exit of the minefield. So I sent one of my M1A2s back to hock him and gave my CO a SITREP.

After a couple of minutes, the M113 was hooked and out of the exit area.

I parked the M113AS4 and he dismounted the Grunts and started to repair his left track.

Now I22 arrived and started to move through. One of the driver thought," ok what the guys from 1 PLT can do, I can do too.", and bummmmmmm.

No casualties this time too, only damaged tracks.
In the meantime I21 moved in line formation and I moved one M1A2 behind. We spotted a lot of barb wire. The idea was to open the wire with the plows.

With one M113 I checked the size of the minefield and the main road, but found no more mines.
Good for T11, so they can use the main road to move forward.

I21 and I22 were in position and started to attack with their Grunts in front. I opened the wire for the M113s…

… and parked my tank in an prepared battle position, ready for new tasks.

I21 reported an enemy soldier in one of the bunkers and I started to search for him.

Give up dude the war is over for you. But he wanted not surrender.

In the meantime our ARV, Medic and Maintenance crews worked hard to fix the tracks on our M113AS4s.

Our CO pushed I21 to attack OBJ 2. We knew there was minimum one BRDM2-AT in position.
He survived several Arty strikes but not the meeting with I21C.

So all OBJ were taken. In the depth of the battlefield we spotted another Bunker line and T11 sent some HEAT rounds.
The AI commander of I20 saw some imaginary enemies or maybe he wanted to wake up some guys in T11.

V41A, the Cav guys, waiting for new orders, and the company is ready to attack further on.

The job was done and the mission accomplished.

After the mission we had a debrief, but I had to leave. You know my son came from school and as always, he was hungry.

A good activity and it was nice to have Shaun (@TAC197) back in the saddle after a couple of weeks of absence.

If you want to play Steelbeasts Multiplayer check this Thread:

see you on the battlefield

Duke RAAC(v)

1 Like