Team Fusion is looking for VR Beta testers for IL-2 CloD/Blitz/Tobruk

Finally!!

4 Likes

So, who is going for it?

interested kevin nash GIF

I am not sure, tbh.

I mean I am waiting for a native VR implementation for this title for years, though I am taking a break from sim-flying at the moment and am therefore considering waiting for a more polished open beta version later this year hopefully.

But for sure I am interested how the CloD feels in VR :stuck_out_tongue: Only I am afraid the Team Fusion would not have much feedback from my participation in the closed beta.

1 Like

I’d like to try it out too, but I really don’t have time for dedicated testing, until maybe this fall…

2 Likes

I applied. I’ve been eagerly waiting for this for a long time!

2 Likes

I did so too. There’s no upper limit to the number of participants, so I figure what little input I can give them must be better than none…

Any idea why they need a serial number of the headset?

I’m guessing so they get actual VR users and not people who just want the new update.

3 Likes

Nah, just applied as well.

My curiosity is stronger than me :vr:

3 Likes

Wouldn’t mind testing but I don’t own it. Given the large number if IL2 VR users, I suspect that the response will be more than enough to yield good data. I guess I am being cheap. Because, if honest with myself, I really want this to work out. Not so much for CloD itself but in the hope that the clickability of controls will gain enough acceptance that IL2 will feel forced to follow suit. So test well, Mudspikers! And thanks!

4 Likes

Oooh… That would be a nice spin off!

3 Likes

Honestly, if CloD in VR works out and the ATAG server still exists … between DCS and CloD I may not even have time for Great Battles any more :sob:

Flight simming first-world-problems? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Yes, lol.

The only problem with IL2 is no clickable cockpits.

2 Likes

Didn’t Cliffs of Dover have clickable cockpit?!
It did! Did it not?
OMG, am I going crazy?

Yes, clickable cockpits in CloD.

1 Like

long time ago, when IL2 1946 was strong, I hoped for clickable cockpits.

but only with introduction of DCS WWII (and discovery that there were already WWII sims with clickable cockpits before IL2) I realized that clickable cockpits isnt really something what I am missing in WWII combat sims :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And with a hotas full of buttons, switches and levers, the need for a clickable cockpit is less urgent. Particularly for less complex aircraft.

Agree, I’m really happy I can fly my Dora just with my HOTAS, despite the clickable cockpit.

2 Likes

Mostly clickable cockpits in CloD/Tobruk.

4 Likes

I get all giddy thinking about doing Battle of Britain in VR soon!

4 Likes

Yeah, the frames rates should be really high, based on 2D. Just a guess, but you might not even have to reduce settings for VR.

2 Likes