Thank you...!

Sorry I’m not around so much gents, a nice few weeks of vacation followed by some unexpected new projects are packing my days and nights. Be good! :slight_smile: :frog:

2 Likes

I only have one home page, and that page is Mudspike… everyone here in my eyes are scholars and gentlemen/gentlewomen. One of these days we need to have a Mudspike gathering… with beer, and/or wine, and/or whiskey! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Sniff Sniff. Thanks for making such a nice space to hang out. Mudspike really is the most friendly, laid back sim forum I have experienced. And somehow you do it with just the lightest moderator touch.

2 Likes

I couldn’t be happier to have such a great site to discuss and follow the hobby of flight simulation! It’s great that we can have civil discussions and arguments without having to deal with the personal attacks that are so prevalent on the internet. Happy to call this my home :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This place is a very cordial & polite site to discuss simulations. You have no idea how much it’s appreciated.

3 Likes

In addition to not making this place a fight club (you know the first rule, right?), you guys come up with some pretty amazing stuff: the great stories in #screens-aars, the running photos and stories in Where You Are, @komemiute’s skins, @Chuck_Owl’s guides, etc. I’m looking forward to seeing more of @Fridge’s work, I think there are more AARs and guides in the works too, although they seemed to have gotten delayed slightly by Real Life™.

More than just a quiet, well-behaved community, I see a lot of potential in this community to do great things. I’m looking forward to more community events, more contests, more reviews, more stories, just more stuff coming from this group. Thinking back to just a couple years ago, it’s amazing how this place is growing, yet still has the same feel to it. Can’t wait to see what happens over the next couple of years!

:heart: :mudspike:

14 Likes

I agree! I enjoy being here.
Also glad you started it, because I was losing my faith with the community…

4 Likes

I add my thanks to everyone’s here. If I ever had a true home in the “interwebz” this is it.

Now, who forgot to empty the dishwasher? And why there’s pieces of an :f111: in the living room? @Bogusheadbox! Put the toys away!

3 Likes

Where am I… and where’s mah goddam ehf won 'leven

2 Likes

Being able to rub virtual elbows with RL professional and military pilots, as well as maintainers and analysts in a civil, thoughtful environment is priceless to this flight sim enthusiast, sometimes recreational pilot. Heck, the F-15 retirement thread reads like a Janes’ article. Throw in some IT gurus and intelligent humor and it’s not hard to love this place.

3 Likes

Yeah but don’t put it all in a blender, it’ll get very messy! :wink:

@BeachAV8R, THANK YOU. For putting up with the lot of us and keeping this site going! Without you this never would have happened(gonna drag out that line everytime we have some drama :wink: )

sips from muggy mug

1 Like

Thank you all for the great work - Mudspike has become a stellar community to be part of

2 Likes

4 Likes

Thanks for the encouragements, that’s very kind.

Yep, plenty of pretty cool stuff coming in Summer 2017. :slight_smile:

Not limited to DCS either.

3 Likes

I’m new here and really do enjoy the helpful members,interesting sim topics and freedom of speech.
Thank You :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Best computer simulation hobby community website on the internet.

3 Likes

I’m new, rarely post on the tinterweb and prefer to lurk. Yet this feels such a friendly place I’m comfortable posting AAR’s which highlight my lack of general aviation knowledge, despite knowing the potential audience are probably face palming at my incompetence.

6 Likes

Welcome, and keep 'em coming. And don’t worry about the facepalming, it’s all part of the experience. Have you seen the one where I dropped a nuke on my own airbase? The guys still won’t let me forget that one!

4 Likes

And that’s not even the worst thing we keep reminding him off! :wink:

3 Likes

Honestly, this is the absolute BEST place to post things like that, because after a short bit of good natured ribbing, every last one of us here is going to offer whatever help we can to make sure you learn from it, if that’s what you’re looking for or what you need.

There are definitely places where things like that will get you ridiculed to the point you don’t want to come back. But that is not the case here. This is where you will learn and make friends. Every single time I’ve needed to figure something out here, there’s been someone to help me out. I like to think I’ve been able to do the same, or at least provide some positive commentary as my level of knowledge / skill in most of this stuff is sub-par.

Welcome to the group!

5 Likes