That (Bell V-280) is just....ugly...

I just threw up a little in my mouth…

3 Likes

Well, you know what they say.

If it’s ugly but it works… at least it works,unlike the F111, and it’s just ugly,unlike the F111!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Yep, it’s definitely not a beauty in the looks department.

So they blurred out the engines?? Ok…

1 Like

Must be some exotic transmission stuff going on in there…

My guess is that there are patents pending.

Shaft bent at 90 degrees? O M G the TECHNOLOGY!

2 Likes

i hope the sikorsky design wins. its like a ka-50 and a uh-60s lovechild.

Can assault shuttles be far off?

5 Likes

What’s the back story on this? A smaller osprey?

Beginning of a replacement program for the Army’s helicopters, since they’ve been rode hard and put away wet for a couple of decades now in the sandbox and the 'Stan.

No. Just… No.

Getting tired of the obsession with tilt rotors. Didn’t we learn anything from the V-22?

They do work though. The Osprey suffered as much from helicopter pilots flying it like a helicopter as it did from bad design. This one is ugly no question. When I saw this thread I was expecting a flying robot. Two dudes or dudettes sitting up front made it ten times more beautiful than it otherwise would have been.

1 Like

At this point…I guess we should just be happy it isn’t drone piloted amiright?

1 Like

I just look at that contraption and can’t help think… “What manner of un-holiness ensues after one prop suffers damage”

The same thing that happens when the prop gets damaged in a helo.

1 Like

Yeah but this crash will look way cooler with the whole thing tearing itself apart on the way down!

It looks okay’ish? Looks like a partial rigid nacelle which probably helps with the transfer of power. I wonder if it’s blurred out because the AGB(Hyd/Elec) is not mounted directly on the engine but in the nacelle and perhaps some transfer of power to the other motor in case of engine failure?

Anyway, feels a bit overdone, with the whole intro I was expecting something surprising or impressive. This is just a Osprey knockoff 20 years late.

I’m gonna be that guy here… but… didn’t Bell develop the V-22?

According to wikipedia yes. Doesn’t mean it’s the same trick pony once again! Not sure what the market for this thing is.