The Mighty Eighth | MicroProse

I know. I just thought it was interesting that MicroProse chose to add it to their portfolio.

2 Likes

What is ā€œfunā€ is years not having any new bomber sim because, taboos, market studies, mood, etc etc etc and then suddenly they announced not 1 but 4 b17 game/sims.
Im interested on 3 of them and super excited with the 100th and the redux :slight_smile:

1 Like

You guys rock. I was completely unaware of thisā€¦ Mighty Eight VR now added to my wishlist :slight_smile:

1 Like

2 Likes

While I applaud the return of the Flying Fortress franchise, as a VR player, I canā€™t help but wonder why a separate title is needed. It appears that Bloody 100th will be the flagship, so why not develop a VR mode for that title? As such, Iā€™m holding my enthusiasm in check. Iā€™m not so convinced of MicroProseā€™s resurrection. Need to see how much meat is on these old bones.

6 Likes

Also it sucks that aparently the 100th version, their b17 flagship, will not have multicrew coop mp as mentioned months ago. For now on steam page its only singleplayer.

1 Like

Me neitherā€¦ This is not the MicroProse we used to know.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

2 Likes

The VR title still has multiplayer co-op as a feature. Seems like they split the titles into separate 2D and VR versions.
I wonder why?

i mentioned the 100th version, the non-vr version. For some kind of reason i think the vr version is a more light version of the bloody 100th but with mp ad vrā€¦ imho its a bit stupid to not have a full featured vr+non vr unique tittle.

1 Like

Yes, I know.
And I said that the VR title still has multiplayer listed as a feature. :slight_smile:

The original announcement said that the VR version could be played without VR.
Now it seems as if they split it in two different games, one with VR and co-op multiplayer and the other without.

But itā€™s early daysā€¦ Features can, and probably will, change.
Weā€™ll see.

Anyway I want them all now! Very excited with all this tittles.

So this just happenedā€¦

4 Likes

I expected a little more of an update, given that itā€™s been 20 years since I played this title last. I have a similar feeling that I had a couple of weeks ago when I looked at the $65 per ticket service fee that Ticketmaster wanted to charge me for Death Cab for Cutie. I passed.

6 Likes

Where is this for sale? My neighbour mentioned a redux being released

Will be here:

5 Likes

Great, thanks @stavka

1 Like

I was more interested in The Bloody 100th, and its use of the Outerra engine, yet it and the Outerra World Sandbox have been radio silent for so long that like the original Outerra itself, one is hard pressed not to give up hope of ever seeing an actual releaseā€¦

3 Likes

Does anyone know exactly what they have done to ā€˜upgradeā€™ it? It looks the same?

2 Likes

I have the gog version and that video definitely looks sharper than the game does. But that could be my phone screen size perhaps

1 Like

I hate that I identify with this so very personally. Ditto with Hootie and the Blowfish.
And yeah, Iā€™m gonna wait and see for the full promised new version to come out.

3 Likes