The Mossies are coming…

https://youtu.be/DFC8pLCudmw

8 Likes

Exciting! :smiley:

2 Likes

Outstanding.

For anyone not familiar with the mission shown in the clip.

7 Likes

Pre-purchased…. I’m looking forward to flying this one. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

This was my first simulated Mossie!

Preordered the DCS version just now.

9 Likes

Leonardo Di Caprio Look GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

3 Likes

I know that theme was used in a videogame like for C64 but can’t place it…

EDIT: Bloody fool I am, was used in 1942! The silly arcade game!

1 Like

I always thought that this trailer for the JustFlight Mossie was great and I really enjoyed flying it in P3D. But it looks fairly low res by today’s standards.

MUDSPIKE Christmas 2018

3 Likes

:astonished:

They do need to add the Navigator though.

3 Likes

How do you mean?

It looks to me in the video that the airplane only has the pilot onboard. The navigator isn’t in his seat.

1 Like

Ah! You want the navigator to be visible. That would increase immersion. I looked up the EA announcement and a controllable AI navigator is planned. Nothing about being visible, but I’m guessing it will be…

1 Like

Hopefully. It would be like seeing the Tomcat without a RIO. It just wouldn’t look right. :face_with_spiral_eyes::wink:

2 Likes

Do they sit tandem or is the nav guy set further back

2 Likes

It is, isn’t it. There’s a lot wrong with the marketing model of preorder and early access, but when it comes to virtual aircraft I’m a firm believer and proponent.

I don’t really care much for WW2 DCS but the mossie gets an exception in my book. Twin Merlins and the way it’s built and history…

2 Likes

Is it just for pre-purchase and not early access? Or can we fly it now?

Pre-Purchase. Steam says 15th of Semptember but that’s probably just a placeholder because you can’t offer preorders without a release date.

2 Likes

This pic, from Finescale modeller magazine review of a plastic model kit, explains the layout pretty well.

5 Likes

Invisible plane! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Actually a good position for an AI navigator as he can be there but not block your view to that side. I am really looking forward to the Mossie.

2 Likes