The Russian Ministry of Information video thread

4 Likes
4 Likes

So nice visitors shots, plus in-flight refueling.

It was on reddit, and led to this which is good:

4 Likes
2 Likes

That was pretty cool footage out the front windscreen.

Bearhunting…

Those are evidently RNoAF F-35’s at the end.

Those props turn really slow! :wink:

2 Likes

And they are so flexible!!

2 Likes

One more for luck? :slight_smile: The Russian Ministry of Information video thread - #364 by fearlessfrog

1 Like

WTH!
Recent studies show that the first parts of your body to go blind are usually your eyes…
Must be true, because I did not see that post. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Did… wait… Can other parts go blind?

2 Likes

HA! I KNOW THIS! :smiley:
Basically when you …

*KOMEMIUTE HAS BEEN BANNED *

3 Likes

I think the study focused on finding the first to go blind…

2 Likes

Not sure if this one made the rounds already…

At t=1:57 … what are the small packs/shoulder satchels that the ground crew are all wearing? Anyone know?

2 Likes

Look @Bogusheadbox! F-111s! F-111s! :open_mouth:

(OK, that was a little cruel…I apologize :pleading_face:)

I cannot say. A guess might some type safety gear. It could also be tool bags (a good way to prevent FOD)

Why my first thought is safety gear…back in the day, Soviet submariners used to have a similar looking pack over their shoulder in the few photos we had of them in or on a Soviet sub. Then, in the late 1989/90 time frame the US CJCS and a number of other flag/general officers visited the USSR, to include the VCNO. At a morning CNO/SECNAV brief, we showed the photos he had taken on the trip (35 mm slides) and he provided some commentary.

They had gone aboard a Soviet nuclear sub (an OSCAR or VICTOR I think) and the Soviets had given them the standard pack to wear while on board. He indicated that it was some type of emergency breathing apparatus that they always kept with them on their subs for safety…and obviously didn’t want to loose the US CJCS and high brass in a nuclear plant incident, so made them wear them too while on board.

Some might say that that is an indication of the low quality of Soviet naval nuclear power plants…and they may be right. However, on US subs there were (and I assume still are) similar emergency breathing masks placed all over the sub in every compartment. The idea was that if something untoward happens with the plant, you can just grab the nearest mask and plug into the LP air system, no matter where you are.

Our method requires many more masks than crew members; their system does not…just say’n. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Yeah. A tool pouch seems plausible. Enough for me and my curiosity :slight_smile:

well…sure…you know what it did to the cat… :open_mouth: :wink:

You may want to view this in privacy and with a box of tissues at hand…

3 Likes

Wow…that is just such a gorgeous aircraft.

It is very sleek. Funny though, I can’t help thinking that it looks very flat and the vertical stabs don’t look big enough for it…but I’m sure people smarter than me spent some time running the numbers :grin: