Throttle finger lifts

Or this type:

Not really, but the ones in the first pic will match the rest of the screws around the throttle base. preferably steel color.

1 Like

Done

1 Like

I’m personally not a fan of the new design Troll, it looks solid but doesn’t really fit the rest of the throttle design.

1 Like

Personally, I really like how the design has evolved and would pay money for such a mod. The idle cut-off is one thing that I personally miss most from the TM WH. A/B would be a nice bonus.

1 Like

No?
Are you thinking of the new forward lever design?

Any suggestions…?

2 Likes

The three holes that are in it make no sense from a technical perspective, it’s usually applied on bigger structures to remove weight and strengthen it. Seeing it on a small scale tells me it’s usually for aesthetic purposes, so perhaps it’s just my mind that is playing with me.

The throttle design overall is square with fillet edges, the curve of the handle is a bit too much for me. Though this is all personal obviously! :slight_smile:

I don’t know… I think it’s a very curvacious throttle.

Just look at the handles and the flap cover.
I thought curves would look good considering the throttle levers move in arcs. :thinking:

As are all opinions. :wink:
But I value them, even so.

You’re absolutely correct about the technical aspects of the forward lever arc.
It must slope backwards so the lever can lift without hitting the “roof” in between the throttle handles. Doesn’t have to be an arc and the holes are just to save some plastic. Would a truss structure look better, you think?

2 Likes

I was thinking more something like this:

I love the smoothed polygonal look in structures personally. Though I am not sure if it will work with the stick.

And yes, it has quite a few curves, it’s just that the handle is sticking up so far from the base which gives the curve a very ‘IM HERE’ vibe.

I agree… But the center arc will just have to be an arc. Not sure having the locking part as polygons will do it…?
I agree that it has presence, though.

1 Like

I’ve got money on … no :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I really wanted to do some changes, but I also wanted to prove @Fridge wrong… :wink:
So I decided to go forth and finish the parts.
Some filler, sanding and painting…

6 Likes

Sooooo… Where can we get your STLs? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll write a short instruction and post the files tomorrow. I promise you will be able to play with them this weekend! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile: So the M6 10mm ball plungers and M3 18mm and 30mm are still the parts that are required? I’ll probably order them now since the only place I can get those is from China (so 1-2 months shipping).

Thanks again for your work, it is awesome!

1 Like

Hot-damn those look awesome Troll. :+1:

1 Like

I’m putting together hardware packs that I will sell at cost + shipping. But I’m waiting for the ball plungers…

4 Likes

Count me in…Pre-orders??? :grin:

1 Like

I’m in. Just need to actually get the throttle :thinking:

4 Likes

LOL

1 Like