Throttle finger lifts

Which kind of filler did you use?

This one. :slight_smile:

It’s just a no-name two component filler from an autoparts store. Get a cheap one that says “light”, “fine”, “sands easy” or something similar.

Disclaimer.
Read the instructions and health hazard advice on any chemical product you use.

3 Likes

Well I haven’t received it in my non-destructive and destructive test center yet :wink:

2 Likes

The files!

2 Likes

Thanks Troll. Are there companies that will print these for me, or do I need to find someone with a 3D printer? Thanks.

1 Like

There are companies like shapeways.com that will print for you. I used them before I got my own printer.

1 Like

Thank you sooo much!! Hopefully in 1-2 weeks I’ll get the screws and plungers and get to try it out.
Any recommended print settings?

1 Like

I printed the arc and lock parts on their sides and increased the fill to 25% and increased the wall thickness a bit.

1 Like

Latest versions.
One with plungers for AB and idle and one with center detent.

9 Likes

Your sound design is so satisfying :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I knew you’d like it! :wink:

1 Like

Any chance I can request a 50% throttle stop for space Sims I’m using my throttle as forward/reverse

That last video shows you one :wink:

Oh, and welcome to Mudspike! :mudspike:

Awesome! Is this the final version? Or are you still tweaking the design?

1 Like

It should be the final version. Unless you can come up with a good idea that I should implement… :slight_smile:
I will post the files tomorrow.

@troll Edit: i saw that you can order it from shapeways, can you also link what screws and parts to buy as well

Idea to implement? Hhhmmm… A challenge… challenge… Hhhmmm… :bulb: Ahhh! How about a selfcentering version?

I am not going to get a Virpil throttle, but I am looking into adapting your very elegant idle stop and AB detent solutions to my Saitek/Logitech throttle quadrant Right hand Warthogesque Dual throttle project.

Selfcentering I would adapt to a CH throttle quadrant for Forklifttruck controls. My current solution is rubbish. It’s very flimsy, cannot use the full range of movement and requires a fairly large deadzone.

Happy Simming

2 Likes

Hey man any chance you’ll drop those cad files soon?

I will. Just need to get back home to my computer. Had to prioritize the weekend a bit.

Detents for the MT-50 Throttle.
These should fit the CM throttle as well, but that hasn’t been tested, yet.

3 Likes