Throttle finger lifts

Looks solid Troll :+1:

1 Like

this last version might be easier to use, but i think the older one are more “satisfying” when start up the engine :smiley:
I think i’ll be printing both and then deciding which one to use!

in any case, good work troll!

1 Like

These aren’t the droids I’m looking for :frowning:

:thinking: ?

Lol I was hoping for cm2 throttle cad files I guess your still tweaking things since your vid is for the cm throttle. I was trying to make a joke

Ah! No, I’m not home yet. :slight_smile:

The 3D files are up.

VPC MT-50 CM2 AB&Idle and Center Detent Mod.

3 Likes

For anyone wondering it cost me $130 shipped from shapeways

Thanks for the upload

1 Like

Troll, i was wondering for another “upgrade” of this mod. One thing i’d like to do is to quickly remove the afterburner detents if i’m flying something that haven’t got afterburner, like helis or the a10. I know i can set the throttle curve to have 100% input at the detent, but i’d like to preserve the entire range of input. It’s true that is possible to unscrew the plungers, but i’m sure Troll can think at something more sophisticate :slight_smile:
The “state of the art” of your work could be a quick release for the 2 ball plungers for the afterburner.

Try to think at it :slight_smile:

I was just checking the STL files and it looks like the detent locations are the same for both the AB file and the center detent file, can you double check if this is correct

It would be tricky to get them to align perfectly, as a quick fit.

The smartest solution is this:

:wink:

This is how the two arcs look in my slicer.

The center detent is the one outlined in red.

1 Like

i see, the plunger holes threw me off

Looking good.

Is there a chance you will be making the push-through AB detents usable on the old CM throttle? I know it’s has a shorter throw, and thus a slightly different arc.

If you don’t feel like it, if you’re willing to share your CAD models I’m happy to mod them in Fusion 360 to make them compatible with the CM throttle.

Thanks

1 Like

Ask and ye shall receive… :wink:
It has only been tested with the original MT-50 but it should work with the CM.

Spectacular! I will have to wait for the spring plungers to arrive, but that should work out perfectly.

Are you willing to share the CAD files? I was going to mod them a bit to allow the use of melt-in threaded inserts. I use them on most of my prints where anything threaded is needed to ensure they don’t wear out.

2 Likes

@Troll Mind if I run some idea’s through you? I am working on a similar system for my Cougar that has no usable existing bolt holes to use. I was considering going with a similar system as you use by bolting on a lever to the arm of the throttle. On the back end I want to put a plunger with a spring in it that slides downwards and is latched down by the lever. Once you release the lever you can push the throttle back past idle detent. I figured that the stick isn’t going to experience any extra wear if I print it all from PLA. It will have a small bolt in the back to keep the plunger from falling out.

Perhaps you have tried something much like that in vain?

I will, if you tell me what…

…is. :wink:

Actually tapping threads in the plastic is absolutely good enough, in my experience. But I guess that if you’re going to screw/unscrew the plungers a lot, having inserts won’t hurt.

I can export to step. That ok?

Yes!
No, you know I don’t mind! :wink:
But I think I need a picture… Explain it to me as if you had to explain a complicated system to a pilot. :salute:

Ready to print! I try both versions, i’ll let you know which one will fit better :slight_smile:
Just for being sure (even if i started printing…) the measurement are in millimeters right?

2 Likes