Through the lens - VR pics

6 Likes

A couple shots on @Wes’s HPN server last night…a fun mission by @Franze with great atmospherics now with the new clouds…

And me and @boomerang10 on the SFrog server…

3 Likes

@fearlessfrog getting some gas and weapons while I get configured for battle (triple checking my seat is armed)…

Coming back nearly empty…time to refuel and rearm…

Harpooning two ships (they shot first)…

Triggering all the Feng shui adherents with this load out…

I was trying to figure out LGBs but failed…so brought them all back…landed with about 700 lbs…

4 Likes

That reminds me - need that good looking Mudspike hornet skin! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll send em’ to ya in the morning!

2 Likes

:laughing:
You’d have to mount them on backwards (facing the front door [of the ship]…err, the bow?) to be fully covered, right?

Just spent a chill 0+55 (in that mission I uploaded…edited it some more) with LGB in the Viper and Hornet. I have a lot more time in the Hornet but they seemed to be easier in the Viper. Odd. And perhaps not quite correct yet perhaps.

2 Likes

700lbs?! I start getting real anxious when I get down below 2000 if the boat’s not in sight, because I know I’ll be really tight after my third bolter… :sweat_smile: :rofl: :shushing_face:

1 Like

Could u send me that hornet skin please @BeachAV8R? I haven’t got that one

1 Like

Finally managed to bomb something with the Hornet and ATFLIR… It is very satisfying. The clouds can make it interesting.

6 Likes

@Fridge with the Harpoon kill on the cruiser… poor @fearlessfrog -a-pedia had to walk us both through the steps again… My Harpoons took off northbound and probably sunk half of Turkey’s navy on accident…

3 Likes

I’ll put a link up tonight!

2 Likes

4 Likes

Got me. What is that?

1 Like

That’s the C-101CC… :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Have you got it figured out yet? I see the huge changelogs and think I will wait till they finish updating. Still a lovely plane for sightseeing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh I love the 101CC. It is so simple to get up and running from a cold start. I’d argue that it is one of the best DCS modules for a beginner because it actually teaches some really good flying skills - you cannot hamfist it through the air, particularly when it is heavy. I love the feeling of rolling down the runway, building that Bernoulli magic until the weight gradually shifts from the wheels to the wings. The ground rolls can be really long… And then the pull to rotate has to be just right or you get the clatter of the rudder pedal stall shaker. As you drop bombs and fire rockets the plane gets lighter and a bit more nimble, but it always requires care to squeeze the most out of it. It carries a nice array of weapons…

I’m still planning on teaching the boys to fly in it first…I have to tear them away from Rocket League though… :rofl:

3 Likes

ED’s ability to translate those sensations are what led me to their work - flight modeling. The rest is just icing. Combined now with an actual physical ‘dancing on the wing’ feeling (thumping under my seat) and it’s a blast. If I could eliminate that 500ms delay, get it down to about 250-ish…maybe when I get a faster rig (or ED streamlines this output).

I may have to look at the 101CC now. Thanks

2 Likes

Yes, having an ‘alive’ aircraft under you (or the sensation thereof) really makes DCS convincing. I have a similar delay, but unless I pay attention to it it’s not noticeable. What I really love are the G-force effects! On my setup I can differentiate between 1.5 and 3 just by feel. Really makes handling the aircraft and energy management a lot easier and more intuitive. And when you pull hard you definitely feel it. My wife doesn’t enjoy it as much, I’ve had to balance my tune quite a bit to prevent her murdering me in my sleep.

Oh come on… the real reason you love it is that a lot of the instrumentation is ripped directly from a King Air or Citation… :wink: .

5 Likes

Mine thinks it’s ‘cute’. Hmmm. Over time I’m finding that I need less (lower settings) for things like G-Feel. The Stall thing I like the most, depending on the platform.