Thrustmaster F/A-18C Stick Add On

Here we go, review

1 Like

Wow, 3 pages of review and not one mention of the elephant in the room: the price.

2 Likes

Pre-orderd. I realize that as much as I ā€œwantā€ it, living with 4 women dictates that I ā€œneedā€ it as much as any man.

13 Likes

:rofl:

Iā€™m a little bit torn. I would certainly like the Hornet grip, but Iā€™m thinking the VirPil MongoosT-50 CM2 might be the better option for me. The main thing I like about it is the hand brake, which is useful for the Russian aircraft and the Spitfire.

Iā€™m also likely to be buying the Honeycomb yoke and throttle because I seem to be sinking a lot of time and money into X-Plane these days. That would probably be the best investment for me, all things considered. We will see though. :wink:

5 Likes

Oh, I just looked that up, and now Iā€™m wondering about compatibility of that throttle with IL-2 as well.

The Great thing about this Grip is it will serve three modulesā€¦
F/A-18
AV-8B
F-15E
They all use this gripā€¦not sure about the earlier Sea Harriers that RAZBAM have said are planned?

1 Like

Nope, the Sea Harriers use a completely different stick:

4 Likes

Thank You

1 Like

ā€œMan, I regret buying too much sim hardwareā€ ~No one. Ever.

Do the right thing, buy them all, and report back on your findings.

Its for science.

9 Likes

Just got mine delivered from Amazonā€¦Very Excited!!!

6 Likes

An update:

6 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s one of my only two reservations about it. Since I have both the Hornet and Harrier Iā€™m really tempted to get it, but itā€™s nearly 60% the cost of an entire Warthog HOTAS for the single stick, sans base.

Iā€™m also curious if it has any additional functionality over the Warthog stick, or if itā€™s simply a shape/ergonomics difference.

1 Like

@Clutch this is suposedly from TM press release :

2 Likes

The HOTAS philosophy works best when your controller layout matches the actual HOTAS layout. It makes it much easier to learn when you donā€™t have an additional layer of what-button-is-what-on-the-actual-HOTAS to think about.

Iā€™m not keen on having to transfer the Viper throttle functions to the TMHW throttle, but Iā€™m even less keen on shelling out for an F-16 replica.

1 Like

Unless you have previous muscle memory from having used a certain stick/layout prior, a HOTAS program that fits your physical HOTAS the closest you can get to the real thing (with some personal additions or changes) shouldnā€™t really make a difference.

Who cares about ergonomics, functionality, and compatibility? I bought it because itā€™sā€¦

8 Likes

The package is smaller, but heavier than I expected.

5 Likes

I bet you are configuring it right now arenā€™t you? :slightly_smiling_face: I have mine arriving a day earlier than expected. Supposed to be delivered on Sunday now. Canā€™t wait.