Thrustmaster F/A-18C Stick Add On

That being said, I grew up in a Navy house, but most of my F-14 Tomcat Images were lost with my father’s belongings (or they are in storage w/ all his certificates, retirement media, etc etc.).

I do however buy every jet image I see in thrift stores and such, plus my own sketches, and I have a couple others that are still having frames cleaned up before hanging. (smaller and larger ones)

And yes, those are car vent clips on my AC Vent, they work wonders on keeping the rooms smelling nice.

9 Likes

I’d love to get the stick but I’ll likely wait for a sale.

I’d be more inclined to spend a chunk of money on a full set, but just a replacement stick? I’ll wait.

If I had to pick one, I’d rather have the throttle to be honest. Plus the stick is definitely intended as being between the legs - lower compared to a desk stick - and I don’t have a mount for that.

I’m glad to hear those that have it are enjoying it, I’m just not ready to buy.

1 Like

I highly recommend looking at the MonsterTech mounts, and also the FoxxMounts. It makes a huge difference to have the HOTAS mounted in a realistic manner. Probably more so for you than the rest of us TBH.

1 Like

Was thinking about getting one of these, but at $409 Australian I don’t think so. I was able to get my Warthog HOTAS for $535, so for simply the grip this is seriously overpriced.

2 Likes

I think you will like it. I really enjoy mine. However the first few times you use it you will not be acclimated to the feel of the handle after all those hours with the Warthog stick. Just give it some time and before you know it, it will feel just as comfortable in the grip.

3 Likes

Yep, I still use my Warthog stick as well. Use it for well, the A-10 of course, :slight_smile: I also use it for the other modules like the DCS LIght (Flaming Cliffs) aircraft I still fly. I also use it for my IL-2 BOX series aircraft. Glad you are enjoying the Hornet stick.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yABWWdA-TNs

3 Likes

I’ve been waiting for these sticks to emerge in in-country stores, but they haven’t, so far.
Yesterday I caved in and ordered one from Germany.
Don’t think I’ll use it much, but I definitely want it in my collection! :wink:

5 Likes

Have you checked this out? Will they ship to you?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07S5FC1HS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes. I was holding out for a shop in Norway to get it. But I ordered from a store in Germany.

2 Likes

Just to chime in and give a very positive approval to this stick. I don’t know whether it’s balanced better than the A10 stick or is better programmed, but the control I get in the Hornet (and other modules) is finer than before. Really happy with it despite the price tag.

5 Likes

I got one last week. I was holding out on saying anything until I tried it. Its wonderful! It’s well made and feels robust. I dont miss anything, but I will use my A-10 stick to fly A-10. I’ve used it with the Jeff and some Warbirds. Well worth it IMO. I like how much better it feels when I have to use my left hand on it too.

3 Likes

Would one of you proud owners of the Thrustmaster F-18 stick be willing to share a few dimensions with me? I am going to take a shot at modeling it, but I need some true dimensions so I can scale the photos.

In addition to those two dimensions, getting the width of the housing on top of the head (across the bomb release button, sensor control switch, and trim hat area).

Thanks in advance,
Dr Hender

1 Like

I’ll help you a little later today, let me know if you need more measurements :slight_smile:

I dont have mine w me :grin: it’s a great stick!

Here are my measurements:
Total Height: 182 mm
Diameter at base: 54.7 mm
Width of the housing: 97 mm

The total height was measured by regular ruler (and gauged by eye - so may not be 100% accurate).
The two other measurements were taken with a caliper.

Milan

Thanks for the quick response! All I have at the moment are the five or six standard photos that are available in most of the product listings. The five that are on amazon are really good quality. Additional photos of the stick against a white background from precise angles would be great too. The photo of the head of the stick isn’t taken from a perpendicular angle-- it’s clear by looking at the controls. If the photo’s angle were perpendicular, the trim hat and and sensor control would be round.

I’ll just say up front that the complexity of the shape doesn’t make me terribly hopeful that I’ll be successful at modeling this thing. I am going to give it a shot-- we’ll see how it goes.

How do you plan to model it?

In any case, if you need more measurements or pictures, just give me a shout.

50% off on Amazon

Nieuw (25) van
€ 99,00 & gratis bezorging .

Heb je er een te koop?

Verkopen op Amazon

• Thrustmaster F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS Add-On Grip

Klik om de uitgebreide weergave te openen

Thrustmaster F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS Add-On Grip

Merk: Thrustmaster

Platform : Windows|

Beoordeling: [16 jaar en ouder ](javascript:void(0))

[ 4,3 van 5 sterren ](javascript:void(0)) 172 beoordelingen

-50% €99,00€99,00

Adviesprijs: €199,99€199,99

Prijzen zijn inclusief btw.

• Replica op schaal 1:1 van de F/A-18C Hornet flightstick
  • Duurzame materialen van industriële kwaliteit voor een authentiek gevoel en maximale levensduur van het product
  • 19 actieknoppen waaronder een realistische 2-staps trigger en een 8-richtingen “Point of View” hat-switch
  • Automatische integratie in de game DCS (wordt apart verkocht) via de F/A-18C module en compatibel met alle andere flightsimgames
  • Compatibel met de Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar* en HOTAS Warthog joystickvoeten

Nieuw (25) van € 99,00 & gratis bezorging .

2 Likes

I’d buy a second one for this price. It is that good.

1 Like