TM WARTHOG slew control upgrade

To you have any friend who has a car workshop?
Like, a mechanic?
They all have, usually, some great ceramic grease.
Worth a try…

I use white lithium grease. Also fine sandpaper in 400, 800 & 1000 grit to smooth off the mold parting lines.

Congrats on your slew control buy. It is a great mod!

1 Like

No, not for this slew mod.
The grease is for the ball in the stick and the slides in the throttle.

1 Like

Not for this mod.

The grease is used if you decide to take apart the joystick to get rid of some of the “stickiness” of the unit in stock form.

1 Like

Correct sir!

I can attest that it works really good. I regrease every 6 to 8 months. Also remember to move the stick around before you fly. My room is cold so I need to do that. Loosens up the grease.

1 Like

I just received and installed my DeltaSim slew replacement. It went just swimmingly, every step according to the manual, everything fit and worked right away.

It is awesome. The precision, the feeling of control… The nice tactile click you get when pressing it. Very happy with it.

I flew a hog LGB training with it, and while the original nub worked ok-ish with the hog, this works better. Next up iMavs in the bug. Those were nigh on impossible with the old control, but with this, they can actually be controlled in the scant seconds hornet speeds give you. On the second pass I even managed to get off two shots in one pass! Whoo!

It’s so good and fine, I might start using it for Direct Lift Control in the turkey!

Now all my VR simpit needs is some good silica grease and I am done.

3 Likes

Fwiw I am still hunting this down for you… Its become a small obsession this nyogel 767a…

Ok, I caved in. Ordered today. Hope to have it in time for the VIPER!

3 Likes

You won’t regret it, the difference is night and day.

1 Like

So @jnstricko, thank you.
For lurkers in this thread, this is the Achellis Heel (this and the plastic base) of the TM WT HOTAS. For years I refused to use it. Now with some curve tweaking it is barely usable. I trust this mod to be a great upgrade. Cant wait.

2 Likes

For those on the hunt for wathog grease (which is a really fun term to google search!), I used the stuff sold by buddy fox. I also got the ring he sells too. No regrets so far!

Category: Accessories | Buddy-Fox Simulations

2 Likes

Yo, great price too! thanks bro! I’m gon’ get mah hog greased, sanded and ringed! it’s gonna be as good as new, of not better!

@Victork2 I think we have what we need, his P&P costs are quite fair, and it does seem the right stuff. I’ll report back when I have taken receipt of my order. I hope its before we leave on our vacation trip in a week or so.

3 Likes

Don’t drink coffee and read that sentence mudspike :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I’m still waiting on my Hog slew mod. I ordered on June 5th. Is this normal?

Absolutely. Took almost 3 months for me.

Yup, between ordering and receiving about three months.

The grease and O-ring I ordered from Category: Accessories | Buddy-Fox Simulations got delivered only three days later. I have completely disassembled my stick and am sanding off the burrs and form errors before putting the thing back together, regreased and ringed.

1 Like

Oh dear.

I took the stick apart, cleaned it, sanded the gimbal, replaced the O-ring, greased it, reassembled it and plugged it in. And nothing happens.

No “new USB device found”. Nothing shows up in game controllers. It’s dead jim.

NOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo! NO!

Uh oh. Perhaps an internal wire has become disconnected?

1 Like

Check the ground wire?

1 Like