Top Gun 2

…is happening!
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2017/05/23/tom_cruise_says_top_gun_2_will_go_into_production_next_year.html

3 Likes

2 Likes

It might as well be a Adam Sandler movie!

3 Likes

Can’t wait for the Honest Movie trailers of this one…

4 Likes

So, drones, right?

Stealth w/ Zac Efron Volleyball Scenes and CGI Iceman.

As far as I’m concerned, the best character of Top Gun passed in 2006. What’s the point of a new one?

1 Like

Yeah…The only good thing about Top Gun was Steve Steven’s sountrack. The movie itself was absolutely terrible. But then…Tom Cruise? I think the guy who posted that it may as well be an Adam Sandler movie was being kind…LOL

3 Likes

…will we still get Jessica Biel?

1 Like

no we get CGI Kelly McGillis

:jenneke:

1 Like

I was going to suggest Alexandra Daddario (she was good in the Percy Jackson movies), but that could work too.

1 Like

AD is so good looking.

And it was meant to be a insult and imply it’s a dirty money grab and a way to scam the studio out of money! :smiley:

Script Draft- Top Gun 2: Online!

Act 1, Scene 1: Wardroom, USS Gerald R Ford.

CAG: “Maverick, we’ve had complaints. You been hitting the flight sim forums again?”

Tom: “It’s classified. I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you.”

CAG: “It’s about these F-35A arguments you’ve been having online. The Master-at-arms got a worrying email about…”

Tom (interrupting): “I can see it’s dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could.”

CAG: “…about you threatening people online regarding the F-35. Maverick, you can’t just say thing like that online nowadays.”

Tom: “I will fire when I’m (expletive) good and ready! You got that?”

CAG: “You’re going to have to face the fact the Tomcat is gone, Mav. A common airframe built around BVR is what we’re going with…”

Tom (stands up): “Jesus Christ, and you think I’m reckless? When I fly, I’ll have you know that my crew and my plane come first.”

CAG: “Ok, you’re not making any sense now. You’re just regurgitating quotes from the previous movie. I’ve been asked to pass on the message that you’ve been suspended from the flight sim forum for trolling. You’re relieved until further notice.”.

Tom: “She’s lost that loving feeling… :microphone: :musical_note:

9 Likes

Without Tony Scott I’m not sure if it will be the same. RIP Tony, I always loved your work.

2 Likes

Written by: the Comments section of Foxtrot Alpha

3 Likes

(Warning: I’ve told this story before). This might be complete BS but I believed it. Last year I flew with a guy who came to the airline world after a Navy career flying F-18s. His last stint was XO at Fallon. He delayed leaving that job and taking an earlier airline offer because he saw a potential to work on the film. Cruise and Tony Scott took a tour of the base and Cruise took a ride in a Super Hornet. It sounded like they had a story and a script and were pretty anxious to start the project. But then Scott was diagnosed with cancer–and ultimately died by gravity–and the film was scrubbed. That so much earning potential could be given up for the loss of one guy is almost noble in my twisted way of seeing things. As a script Top Gun was stupid. (But then so was Star Wars and just about every other film I enjoyed as a kid). I will be one of the first in line anyway. As much as I hate watching sweaty dudes play volleyball, I love airplanes on a big screen. You want stupid? Look up Cloud Dancer on YouTube! But even that pos is worth watching for the flying! I bet this will be a decent film. Maybe Cruise will be the Tom Skerritt type teaching some up-and-coming whippersnapper how to adjust the AC in the drone trailer. Maybe we’ll get the coffee gag again but this time on Cruise. Maybe Kelly will loose 50 pounds to do a cameo. Who cares!? There will be sexy planes on a big screen and lots of jet noise. I can’t wait!

2 Likes

Fighter jets on the big screen. … what’s not to like…

1 Like

Having actually read the article now:

The concept is, basically, are the pilots obsolete because of drones. Cruise is going to show them that they’re not obsolete. They’re here to stay. It’s just getting to the starting place. Fortunately for Tom, he’s very busy, so you have to find a slot he can fit into and get a budget that Paramount feels they can make the picture.

Ah come on Paramount. With global events being as interesting as they are the best you can pull is a re-do of Stealth?

Scene 1:
Tom Cruise and ExpendibleBro flying when a drone either INTERFERES WITH THEIR JOB or STEALS THEIR THUNDER
Cruise: “THAT THING ALMOST GOT US KILLED.”
Commander; “STAY OUT OF ITS WAY HOTSHOT.”

Scene 2:
Soulless Defense Contractor Man introducing the Mark 9 Killbot
SDCMan: “You’re obsolete.”
Cruise: “That thing can’t do what I can do. I have a soul.”
SDCMan: “We can program that.”

Scene 3:
Mark 9 Killbot FAILS either CAUSING THE DEATH OF or KILLING someone CLOSE TO TOM CRUISE
Cruise: “I TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN. YOU RELIED ON THE TECHNOLOGY TOO MUCH!”
SDCMan: “This is IMPOSSIBLE!”
Admiral: “I’m sure there’s a reasonable explanation for all of this.”

4 Likes