Top Gun 2

It’ll be 2 hours of Pete “Maverick” Mitchell filling out boring paperwork and then leafing through hiring brochures from American Airlines or UPS.

6 Likes

The soundtrack is actually by Harold Faltermayer. Steve Stevens did play guitar on the anthem though.

Ride into the paperzoneeeeeee

3 Likes

Don’t forget the obligatory presence of:

1. visit to Goose and Iceman tombstone (Iceman must have gone in a terrible accident of early UCAV implementation)
  2. Viper and/or Jester’s nephew.
  3. Goose’s son being a civilian anti-military protester, possibly Vegan and transgender (it’s very PC)
  4. Same motorbike ride but with no F14 taking off- only the sound of it from his memory. (will he have an helmet on this time?)
  5. Some young hotshot doing the same “Can’t hear your common sense, my motorbike is REVVING TOO FRICKIN’HARD!”
  6. Sitting on the dock of the bay
  7. Obligatory CCR wiht an Heavy metal dumb-step remix (to better merge past and future, duh!)
  8. RULE BREAKING WHILE FLYING!
5 Likes

Reminds me of this

1 Like

I don’t know what that is, but it’s glorious.

Bunch of guys that do film reviews on youtube, from a segment called half in the bag about the latest Star Wars movie, Rogue One. :smiley:

2 Likes

And no Art Scholl to do amazing inflight shots.

RIP

1 Like

The scene where Cruise was riding his Ninja one handed pumping a fist the departing Tomcat was pretty iconic. And at the time, while taking massive Hollywood license, most of it quite humorous now, the film was a joyride in every way. Otherwise, we wouldn’t be discussing it. It also might have set the bar for how the Navy markets itself, later to be adopted by other services. How many of us have watched carrier ops and not played that theme riff in your mind. And I can think of a really good scenario that would play out well in a sequel. Not giving it up though.

If he wants to keep his on-base driving privileges, he better. Along with a reflective vest and brightly-colored approved riding jacket (unless they want a scene showing Maverick getting pulled over and given a ticket by a morbidly obese Wackenhut rent-a-cop who thinks the “rank” insignia on his collar actually means something).

1 Like

…and Duffel Blog strikes again: (blurred for language)

3 Likes

Tell me that plot it’s a joke.
Please.

Duffel Blog is supposedly satire, though like The Onion in the last few years, the truth is becoming stranger than fiction.

3 Likes

Ok. Not great, but ok.

An older, overweight Iceman pulls up next to the fence at NAS Miramar on his Harley Trike when the sounds of an engine rouse him from his nostalgia- into view comes a SLEEK LOOKING UCAV and Iceman bursts into tears, throwing his HELMET in a rage.

2 Likes

Just a bit of info, the Pilot vs Drones “Draft” script was thrown away a bit ago after criticism that it was a rip off of “Stealth”.

2 Likes

Oh thank goodness! :smiley:

More Likely to be Conventional 4th Gen AC vs 5th Generation Stealth AC.

So it’s now a Rip off of Down Periscope,.

4 Likes

Yes. I am very familiar with who did what on the Top Gun sound tracks. I stand by my statement.