Top Gun:Maverick Premiere

16 Likes

Waiting for TOP GUN 2 to start.

9 Likes

9 Likes

C’mon! It’s gotta be over by now. Stop the car and give us a quick impression.

3 Likes

cant see any G-faces :wink:

3 Likes

I have just gotten home.

I think that it is great. Goosebumps, tears, laughs, nailbiting and a very good feeling.

The flying scenes are incredible. I look very much forward to a Blu-Ray with lots of how it was made material.

F-14 confirmed or not.

F-14 confirmed and i very much like the context.

I don’t know yet if it is better than the original, but it is at least on par. I will be watching it again, but probably not in theathers, but that is mostly because of lack of economy.

Happy Simming and TOP GUNNING.

5 Likes

Off to read the trailer thread.

And the TOP GUN soundtrack is playing.

2 Likes

Loved every minute!
Those who didn’t grow up on the original probably thought it was a bit cheasy, but I cried, laughed and had goosebumps all over.
Anybody looking for realism will fail.
Breach that Hollywood barrier and let nostalgia touch you and you will have a great time.

That IS my G-face :wink:

6 Likes

“It’s the only look I’ve got.”

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

For a second there I thought you were Joe Rogan. :smiley: Sorry. :wink:

2 Likes

It’s opening here tomorrow, so my son and I have 4:00PM tickets. Can’t wait to see it!

1 Like

Saw it last night. Only thing I will say is you are not going to be disappointed!

It’s all there, even the cheesiness of the original which they managed to make feel more nostalgic than cringe. So very very good job overall.

I will see it again for sure!

3 Likes

You need glasses, man! Joe is not as good looking as I am! :wink:

5 Likes

Cheers gentlemen!

7 Likes

Oh, I know I need glasses … my driver’s license says it right on there. :nerd_face:

You should go completely bald, get some sleeve tattoos and wear a Black Rifle Coffee Company T-shirt. :smiley:

3 Likes

Then again, maybe not… :rofl:

4 Likes

I haven’t seen the movie yet (going tomorrow), but I already checked out the Top Gun Maverick free DLC for MSFS2020. It’s pretty neat, has some cool challenges, but the coolest is the Darkstar flight across US.

Here’s my first trap on the carrier, yup they added carriers, though I’m not sure they are present in free flight yet.

https://youtu.be/VJGABUjxmTY

5 Likes

Not the DCS Super Carrier, but I’ll take it…! :sunglasses:
For reference, this is the flightsimulator I had, when I saw the OG Top Gun…

9 Likes

Was that supposed to be Meigs in Chicago?

Wheels

2 Likes

Yep! :laughing:

2 Likes