Tropical Storm / Hurricane Florence / update Michael

You are correct…When I become King of the Universe, these things will change…and the Viggen theme music from DCS World will be my anthem!

3 Likes

Bodhi would surf those waves.

Wheels

2 Likes

The waves are the best you’ll see on that beach, yes, but look at the North to South cross current that’s running under them - you can see it best when the camera is lined up with the beach - we’ve had a crazy number of people drown on the NC coast this summer from the rip currents.

Update from maybe an hour ago - Surf City and Topsail Beach are starting to flood. Lejeune will be next.

1 Like

My roughing it days are getting smaller in my rear view mirror. Amazon came through today with a just in time delivery of a portable air conditioner. :grimacing:

Gotta put those 7500 watts of generator power to work doing something besides keeping my beers cold…

Cool a/c unit though…has twin heat exhausts that you just run through a fiberglass insert that you jam (or screw) in a window.

3 Likes

Looks like the cat has some doubts about it.

Wheels

2 Likes

Why am I getting some 2001 monolith vibes from that thing?

2 Likes

4 Likes

Cool cat

1 Like

Should have looked at one of these Beach.

https://www.kapsulair.com/

I have a prototype I’ve been working on. Pretty nice.

1 Like

That’s a beautiful form factor! I went with something fairly large to handle a bigger room. The unit I bought allegedly will handle 500 sq. ft. Our downstairs area is about 1,000 sq. ft, so it might only just cool it a bit.

That uh, frying pan footage got real.

1 Like

Stay safe guys take good care of yourselves and your loved ones

1 Like

Indeed, looks pretty bleak.

How you hangin’ in there @Navynuke99? Rain bands haven’t made it to Charlotte yet. All quiet on the western front as it were. Glad I’m not in Wilmington right now though…

1 Like

The USA has the NOAA institute that does a lot of cool things with weather. Particularly their predisposition to fly aircraft right into the middle of hurricanes is rather cool.

weather wise, the North Sea can throw mean floodings into it’s neighboring countries thanks to how shallow it is and how it narrows near France/Britain.

1 Like

We’re OK here so far - rain and gusts overnight, but the power is still on at the moment, and there’s a brief lull at the moment. I agree - VERY glad we’re not in Wilmington.

2 Likes

I am watching the storm from thousands of kilometers away and it is scary enough that way.

Stay safe!

I hope @Navynuke99, @Hangar200 and everyone else in Flo’s path are doing ok this morning.

1 Like

Yeah, you guys check in asap.

Still here. Gusts up around 30 knots, sustained winds around 20-25, sporadic rain. Just very, very glad I’m not farther south and east right now.

And I just turned on my desktop to work from home for a bit, which means the power will go out at any time.

3 Likes