TrueEarth Great Britain - X-Plane 11

I nearly forgot, I did a series of test videos on GB. Here is one:

Found a guy with similar problems like mine, on the Orbx forums. Devs says it has to do with a unstable overclock… So far, the only BSOD has been caused by FTX Central, on my PC.

Very strange. The installation process was pretty seamless on my PC. I hope you manage to figure it out. Could you remove the overclock, install the scenery and then overclock once again? Seems strange that would be the problem though.

Trying that right now…

Edit. So far, not so bad. Conversion is progressing much longer than before. :crossed_fingers:

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:. If it works, it will be well worth the hassle. Maybe you should buy GB North while you are at it. :wink:

1 Like

Looks like clocking down from 5.0 to 4.8 did the trick…

2 Likes

Great! Hope you think it was worth the hassle. Did you pick up GB North too?

1 Like

Thoght I’d check out south and central first :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had to do the exact same thing with my rig to get XP11stable, drop from 5.0 to 4.8.

1 Like

I can get XP to run on 5.0, but it crashes on exit.

@PaulRix, what’s your graphics settings in XP, for useable VR performance?
I have to throttle back the settings considerably, to avoid a stuttering mess…

I’m going from memory here as I am on the road right now. I drop the reflections slider down to minimum and object density down one or two notches. Get rid of scenery shadows and parked aircraft . Textures I drop one notch. Anti-alias slider down to the first notch.

When I get home I will post up a screenshot of my settings page.

1 Like

Love to see your settings, @B12.
My 8700k is not delidded though. Maybe I should do that…

But as you say, every PC is different. You may have been lucky with your CPU.

I didn’t know they sold selected delidded CPU’s! Cool!
My 8700 has performed really well at 5.0. Stresstests and benchmarks are great. DCS and IL-2, no problem. But XP11 seems to dislike this clock, for some reason.
I have been tempted to pop the lid and change the goo… Doesn’t seem that hard to do, judging by the youtube vids I’ve seen.

2 Likes

Listening to the latest Fighter Pilot Podcast episode, which covers the Panavia Tornado, has me yearning to tear up the Mach loop in said aircraft. In VR of course.

3 Likes