TrueEarth Great Britain - X-Plane 11

My SSD will NEVER be able to have all this + DCS + my Prepar3d install. Uuugh!

1 Like

I’m completely out of space now. I’ve got some older SSDs that because of age are too small and will have to put in the Halloween candy bowl or something, as I’m due some consolidation now. A couple of years and we’ll be saying stuff like ‘Is 1 Petabyte really enough?’ :slight_smile:

I wonder if the UK region is Scotland or just Da North? Scotland would be epic for scenery.

1 Like

I think the North region pretty much is Scotland. It will be a great area for some low level flying… even better than Wales!

2 Likes

Not sure about the quality of these drives…but they are pretty darn cheap. Maybe for data that is not valuable (like orthos or things you could easily re-install…)

2 Likes

Wow, that is cheap. Looks like someone found a way to deactivate the door fire alarm on the local Amazon datacenter! :wink:

1 Like

Heads up! GB Central region just released! Woot!

I took the liberty of editing the title of this thread to encompass the whole True Earth GB ‘package’.

2 Likes

Would that be Yorkshire and the Lake District? If so, should be a stunner.

Yes indeed. Low level over the Lake District is going to be amazing in VR. Of course, True Earth GB North is going to be stunning too (aka Scotland).

I keep meaning to look this up for x plane. Being an Oxfordshire resident we have some nice places to visit round here. Would be cool to see how it looks on xp11

I think you will be impressed, especially when you consider how large an area is covered.

A beautiful part of the world. Completes the set (of enormous SSD expenditure):

5 Likes

Flying along the length of Loch Ness in the X-Trident Tornado - OrbX True Earth GB North. Stunning, just like the Central and South regions.

7 Likes

Did you take any grainy, dimly lit photographs of inner tubes floating in the water?

3 Likes

So, it seems the guys at OrbX have a sense of humor :wink:

11 Likes

Is the Loch Ness Monster controllable by the Player?

Wheels

2 Likes

I hear it is AI only for now but there’s been rumours of a full fidelity module down the line…

5 Likes

Cool.

Wheels

I got the south and central scenery on the :heart: sale.
But there seems to be something messing with the install…
I installed the FTX Central software, and downloaded from there. The files are downloaded, extracted, installed and then it starts on a sloooow process of converting files. I naturally go about my business, and when I return, the FTX Central has ended. When I restart it, it begins extracting again.
Tried this three times now.

1 Like

Ok, thanks!
I have XP11 as the only sim on a 2TB SSD myself… But I moved it there manually. Maybe FTX is trying to install at the old location…?

I sat down to watch what’s going on here.
Turns out Win10 freezes during the converting of the files and there’s a BSOD with a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.
I restarted and tried running FTX as admin.
This time it just scanned the files, and said that install was successful… Not sure about that since it BSOD’d in the middle of what was estimated to be a 5hr long fileconversion.