Upuaut's Bell-47G/H-13 Sioux for DCS World - Teaser

12 Likes

Is that cockpit cklickable?
(although I guess I wouldnā€™t care too much this time)

ā€¦and does anybody know whether he just took the Gazelle or Huey AFM or did he create his own?

Anyway, great mod. Love it.

Clickable cockpit, yes.
Right now he uses the huey FM. He wishes to develop a custom one at a later point

1 Like

Wow! Would love to see this with itā€™s own flight model! And maybe some flares :slight_smile:

Yeah, would love that. Shilkaā€™s are going to love me in that too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is beautifulā€¦!

Is it totally the Huey FM or he managed to tweak the weight and ā€” uhrrr that other funny stuff made of science numbers?

1 Like

Thatā€™s the thing, it doesnā€™t feel like the huey. I donā€™t think Upuaut has tweaked the FM itself but maybe the FM ā€œfeedsā€ on some other data that are specific to the Bell-47 and thus it feels different.

ā€¦or maybe itā€™s all in my head :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, thatā€™s where I find the best things! :smiley:

1 Like

You find the best things in my head? :astonished:
:sleeping:ā€¦:mask:ā€¦:head_bandage:

Giggle Why not. But I meant mineā€¦

1 Like

That looks really nice.

Now I really want a Korean MiG Alley map for DCS!!!

I have never tried aircraft mods for DCS. How does this work? If this helicopter use the FM from the Huey, I guess you have to own that module? Will the 47 replace the Huey in DCS, or will it be a stand alone module?

1 Like

I am 99% sure it doesnā€™t replace anyting.
And yeah, if it uses files from the Huey you will need that module. Similar to many plane mods, which use the F-15C flight model and cockpit, you need to have the standalone F-15C or FC3 installed then.

For many mods it is pretty easy: Just drop them in your aircraft folder.
I still like to use JSGME or some similar mod manager, those really make it easy.

2 Likes

Yup, exactly what Aginor said.
It doesnā€™t replace anything but you need the UH-1H in order to play with the Bell-47.

Well, you need the UH-1H anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

So true.

Iā€™m terribly sorry if I in any way possible gave you guys the impression that I donā€™t own the Huey module!
Naturally I do! Of courseā€¦

2 Likes

Anyone else got the feeling that we are guilt tripping each other into buying new modules?
Are we some sort of worshipping cult? :smiley:

1 Like

Except for the fact that the UH-1 is a must-have module for DCS. I canā€™t imagine a MUDSPIKEr not owning it. ā† oops, there I go proving your point.

1 Like