VPC MT-50CM2 & WarBRD Mudspike Review

Post your comments and questions here.

14 Likes

Congratulations on a very thorough review. :slightly_smiling_face:

In the past, when I have explored the Virpil site, it has shown much of their products as “out of stock”, so I just went on to something else. Today it is showing a restock on 27 September and everything ks listed as in stock. Has Virpil fixed their inventory issues?

1 Like

Thanks!

They seem to have a constant backlog, and they are releasing new designs all the time.
But as of recently, it is possible to pre-order and they will send it as soon as they have built it.

1 Like

I’m really in love with my T50CM2 base/TM Hornet stick combination. Getting a few more gun kills in IL2 GB it seems. Feels more like I am using a scalpel, rather than your grandpa’s rusty bayonet.

2 Likes

Thanks for a very good review.
hope you can do the same for their throttles.

can you show how did you connect the CM2 base to your rig?
I’m using a modular aluminium profile rig and wanted to know how this base cam be connected securely with its own mounting solution.

2 Likes

Hi @Cheetah and a warm welcome to Mudspike! :mudspike:

Here’s a link to my SimBox build, where you can see how I solved the mounting of my old VPC MT-50.
SimBox NG

If you scroll down you will find more pics.

I have recently made a new solution. I will post some pics of that later.

1 Like

First of all, thank you!
Second, that’s a great piece of rig you made for yourself there. I like your older black seat :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
About the base adapter… I’m looking for something which doesn’t involve CNC, because it will be too expensive where I live.
On my older job I had more freedom to do things like you’re doing and also had the option to use profile accessories when I needed to. now this is not the case, so I’m designing with my wallet instead with my creativity :smile:

1 Like

There were no CNC involved in making the SimBox, or the adapter. :slight_smile:
Here’s my new and improved adapter.

1 Like

is it strong enough for this kind of stick?
and did you do a special mechanism for the ejection handle?

Absolutely.

I did. Here’s the build thread.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Eject! Eject! Eject!

Welcome to MUDSPIKE Cheetah. I think that there are two options now. MonsterTech bracket to mount the T50CM2, and Virpil has one as well.

This was a great review @Troll I really enjoyed reading your views on a product I’ve been using over for a good long while but dont have the funds to purchase.

Fingers crossed for the competition I suppose :sunglasses:

1 Like

thanks @chipwich, but because I have an aluminium custom rig, the retail mounts won’t do me any good. I’ll have to design something and manufacture it myself in order to mount it to my rig.

3 Likes

That’s a beautiful rig you got there cheers! Love your choice of peripherals

2 Likes

The mark of a true flightsimmer! :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve added a shortish 50mm extension to my VPC/TM stick with outstanding results. It’s allowed me to removed the pitch and roll curves that I usually use in my controller setups, without loosing precision near the center point. The stick is so comfortable and the base so solid yet smooth, that I am doubtful I could have a better stick setup. Nearing stick nirvana at this point. Using the light springs and default cams.

5 Likes
© 2019 Mudspike.com | Articles Website | Forums Rules & FAQ