VR Freebies and Demos Showcase

DEMO LINK ON STEAM PAGE

I haven’t thought of Live for speed for years! let us know how it goes.

1 Like

FREE

1 Like

Just did a few laps - it’s fantastic. It doesn’t look like the best racer ever, but it’s really nice to be able to get a very smooth 90Hz and have good physics and racing. Works with Oculus or SteamVR (and therefore WMR as well). For anyone with VR and racing, it’s worth checking out just for the ‘feel’.

EDIT: Will add some details.

Pretty easy to set up, just go to Options / View and select ‘3D’. The cursor defaults to ‘HMD control’, so just press space or a controller button to orientate.

Some sort of Ford Fiesta style racing - beep beep!

I added a bunch of AI to humiliate me:

Yep, there they go. I should figure out where the clutch is I guess…

It’s me in the mirror!

I can smell the plastic dash - nice!

The best thing is just the performance - it is so nice to be at a rock solid 90Hz in VR. Really helps, and it feels great to drive.

3 Likes

That’s how I feel about Aerofly…

1 Like

Anybody remember a classic-era game called DESCENT? Well the same guys are back all these years later with a new age sequel in full 3D/VR

DEMO (Bring some sturdy VR-Legs and an airsick bag!)

A new six-degree-of-freedom shooter with intuitive controls, amazing lighting and graphics. From the creators of Descent, Overload is the best zero-gravity robot-blasting combat ever.

DEMO LINK ON MIDDLE RIGHT SIDE OF STEAM PAGE

Got this one on Steam sale for 15 euro. Great fun (I am playing with my rudder pedals and F/A-18C grip :laughing:).

FREE

I did lots of gawking as well as bouncing off walls in this one while smiling like a loon. (And learned a bit as well) It’s all zero-g, so if VR (Or the movie GRAVITY) makes you hurl, be careful!!

Take a trip into orbit and experience life on board the International Space Station! In this Emmy-nominated simulation, learn how to move and work in zero-gravity using Touch controllers. Dock a space capsule, take a spacewalk, and let real NASA astronauts guide you on the ISS through archival video clips.

FREE

This is one nice but very weird puzzle solving exploration game!!! You physically walk through this world, and it manages to be huge while requiring you to actually move only a few feet in any direction. It’s fun and very different. They are not kidding when they describe this game as non-euclidean!

1 Like

The demo made me buy the game!

1 Like

FREE

One of a series of beautiful Google Spotlight Interactive Stories in VR.

Like many of them, this might leave some kind souls feeling a bit… Emotional.

Free (And Fun!)

1 Like

I can recommend Ben Plays VR YouTube channel.
He does reviews and Lets Play content but also has a recurring Free VR Games series.

Latest one

1 Like

I like this guy, but I’ve been curating my posts, In that I’ve only been posting stuff I’ve tried and liked.

Also, he mentions the Book Of Distance as a good experience, which I completely agree with, but I didn’t include it in my recommendation’s because I fretted somebody here would see it as political.

I can never seem to tell when something innocuous to me might set somebody off. :worried:

For instance there is another educational video I neglected (Paradise VR) because it explored the affects of the detonation of the Ivy Mike atom bomb on the Enewetak Atoll and its people…

1 Like

Free

Cartoon Network Journeys VR is a collection of original VR experiences that give short glimpses into other worlds. Save your colony from collapse as a one-winged bee. Entertain the King and his subjects as jester of the court. Complete metaphysical lessons to become Supreme Deity of the Cosmos.

Free

https://youtu.be/jUZvS8q_vQ0

1 Like

Just seeing War Thunder…
DCS would also fit in this thread since it is free to play :grinning:

Done!

FREE

Digital Combat Simulator World (DCS World) 2.5 is a free-to-play digital battlefield game and simulation environment. Our dream is to offer the most authentic and realistic simulation of military aircraft, tanks, ground vehicles and ships possible. This free download includes a vast mission area of the Caucasus region and Black Sea that encompasses much of Georgia. It also includes a flyable Russian Sukhoi Su-25T ground attack aircraft and the famous WWII North American TF-51D fighter. An additional 25 aircraft are available for purchase.

The download comes with one of the most powerful mission editor ever designed, full network play and more than 156 AI weapons systems, 105 ground vehicles and trains, 50 air defense systems, 19 ships and 84 AI aircraft permitting you to plan and play highly sophisticated missions. DCS World is massively extensible through additional DCS modules as well as user-made add-ons and mods which you can purchase and download from our site.

https://youtu.be/L5MVbRlcXlc

3 Likes