VR News (2022)

Cool. What VR headset are you using and how is the hand controller tracking on it?

I have the Varjo Aero with the valve index hand controllers.

So you like the hand controller tracking with the valve index so far? I’m guessing you need a base station for those? I’m thinking they’d be a great, although pricey, replacement for the crappy HP G2 controllers.

Tracking is very precise. It requires a base station, of which I have one. This is fine for seated VR but I have ordered a second base station for my new cave in the house we’re moving to.

1 Like

Nice! You still going to keep the SimBox NG now that you have more space?

[EDIT]

Check out my cave. My wife calls it the junkyard, and rightly so! :smiley:

4 Likes

Wow, looks like mine; guitar, fan, PC, assorted gizmo’s and cables (minus the cat) - only 4X larger. I’m so jealous.

1 Like

For the time being…
The new cave isn’t that much bigger than the old one. But there is a storage room adjacent to the cave and I’m planning to take down the wall and make the cave bigger, eventually.

3 Likes

I bought a USB charging battery pack years ago when some of the trucks I was driving were real sketchy and lacking those 12 volt cigarette chargers. I just spent $15 on Amazon and repurposed it to a mobile charging pack for my Quest 2! This will make an excellent addition to my Stormtrooper outfit LOL! …

5 Likes

I demand pics! :rofl:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Hmmm, interesting! :smiley:

… but $2400 for the Pimax as opposed to $300 for the Quest 2? :grimacing:

3 Likes

:eyes:
When you put it that way… %=+x$(x.000) 1 Pimax 12kQ= 12 Quest 3… :face_with_monocle: Yikes!!!
download
*** 8 Quest 3’s ***

2 Likes

Are you confident in your math there @Phantom88? :smiley:

1 Like

Still reeling from 420 :rofl:

2 Likes

:rofl: :sweat_smile: :rofl: NO… Is it any wonder my Wife won’t let me near our checking acct.??

2 Likes

Snoop Dogg GIF by BuzzFeed

… and I have to do our income tax returns this weekend before the 430 deadline :slight_smile:

That’s one good thing about high school … I learned how to do income taxes! My Business teacher was great. I even alleged that he was insider trading in a Stock Exchange project we were doing LOL! He absolutely loved me after that for some reason which I did not understand at the time. I just thought he was insider trading. :slight_smile:

I worry that Pimax are taking in too much with the 12K… But they are pushing the limits and that’s how progress is made. I really hope they can deliver on the promise. Will be exiting to see.

2 Likes

Yup. I’m hoping the next gen [standard] will be, oh, about 60-degrees wider FOV. I can live with the current pixel density.

1 Like

All you VR types, check it out:

4 Likes