VR News: HP Reverb - Second Gen headsets are on the way

It will be interesting to see if the new Valve Index controllers (what was known as ‘knuckles’) are a bit too big or not to keep on the hand while using a HOTAS. The knuckles controller sort of ‘strap’ on to the hand, so you don’t have to grip and use finger tracking. Might work for cockpits…

1 Like

I think they are too thick but it is worth a try.

1 Like

Also works for snake bites! :rofl:

1 Like

After donning my Rift in DCS once again in another attempt to get back into VR, I’m really beginning to think this headset may tempt me enough for an upgrade. Biggest complaint I’ve always had with the Rift is resolution and I could care less about additional FOV. Just wonder if my 6700k OC’d to 4.4 and 1080ti would be up to the task of powering the new HP set. (Which to me looks very similar in comfort to the Rift which would be a huge plus.)

1 Like

I’m hoping a combination of the upcoming DCS VR performance improvements, plus the fact that I run DCS oversampled anyway will help. When we use things like Pixel Density set to 1.8 etc then we’re getting close to how the HP would show the pixels natively anyway.

2 Likes

I wish I could run 1.8. Actually, I probably can with some graphic tweaks, but it seems like trying to spot aircraft at that high of a PD becomes an even larger exercise in futility compared to running say 1.0 or 1.2.

If memory serves a plain 1080 was mentioned as the minimum spec card for the Reverb.

I was kinda hoping the Reverb would be out today. The famous Internets Rumor Mill had it pegged for a 4/26 availability. Was interested to hear some early reports…

4 Likes

Oh please please please let this run worth a darn on my 6700k/1080ti machine :slight_smile:

1 Like

If the Windows Store in Charlotte (or Best Buy) had one of these in stock today I’d go get it to evaluate it and take it back if it wasn’t a leap over the O+…but I can’t find one in stock anywhere.

Someone is posting shots on Reddit…but no real source so who knows if they are legit:

1 Like

I just wish we could skip forward a couple of weeks and then we’d have decent XP11 and DCS reviews (of people that actually play them) for the Valve Index, the Rift S and the HP Reverb.

Not long now, hopefully… :vr:

3 Likes

Actually…he says it is a simbox, but @Troll’s set up is looking more and more like a time machine.…just say’n. :astonished:

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Source for that? Looks good.

EDIT: Here it is:

HP seem to be doing everything humanly possible not to sell to consumers. It seems like the ‘Pro’ edition got scooped up by business orders and people could be looking at quite the wait now.

They put the store entry up, and then 35 seconds later marked it as ‘out of stock’.

1 Like

Yeah…I’ve been trolling through the Best Buy local online store sites for the past three days with no luck. And it isn’t even listed on Microsoft Store. I want to buy it locally in case I want to return it right away.

1 Like

Yep, same situation.

Good to see he is only using a 1080ti (oops, thought he said 980 earlier) and still getting good framerates / performance. I always felt that the ‘we won’t be able to run this headset!!’ fear was a bit overstated, what with the oversampling we often do anyway (and this sucker might not need oversampling), but it is good to see.

1 Like

I also live in Charlotte (Ballantyne). I’ll let you know if I see something local.

2 Likes