VR News

I tried the O+ after-market pad (or similar mentioned above) on the G-2 for about 8 months? However I’ve just recently gone back to the stock gasket.

While that mod did get my eyes a little closer, the gain in FOV it turns out wasn’t enough to counter the discomfort. At least over time. And it seemed to make it harder to get a good, steady, sweet spot. Oh, and the mod tended to press down on my nose such that I was a ‘mouth breather’ while playing - OTW too much light leakage.

Everyone’s noggin is different. The aftermarket O+ soft/squishy face pad was a savior on the O+ however - stock that thing was akin to torture after about 30 minutes for me. It had a good image but that was it.

Yeah, that’s the truth. One person’s nirvana is a pain in the nose for another. I was going to suggest that if @Victork2 could find a mate nearby with an Odyssey and replacement pad, it would be best for him to try it before ordering. But he’s a pretty smart guy, and most likely would have done that already if possible.

I’ve had just the opposite experience, wearing mine probably 2 -3 hrs a night. So much for staying out of the metaverse. I don’t mind a little light coming under the nose vent, because it allows me to either peak at the keyboard or sneak a look at the kids who often ninja into my domain just before the merge.

1 Like

Continued here