VTOL VR

https://youtu.be/hL74yj1aeU0

4 Likes

That aircraft that looks like the F-15 sure can carry a tremendous amount of weaponry on what looked like a heck of a lot of stations. Nice!

1 Like

v1.1.0p14

General

• Various minor performance optimizations

Localization

• Fixed: “Completed” campaign text gets untranslated when exiting campaign screen and returning
  • Fixed: RWR mode not translated until pressing mode button
  • Added entries for newer tutorial labels
  • Fixed: Error when returning to intro scene from editor and attempting to change the language

v1.1.0p15

General

• Fixed: ARAD missiles stopped working in p14

v1.1.0p16

Localization

• Added search function for in-game localization editor
  • Added keys for TGP targeting mode and sensor mode
  • Added keys for S-Cam labels
  • Added keys for environment settings
  • Fixed: “Completed” campaign text gets untranslated when exiting campaign screen and returning (actually)

v1.1.0p17

F/A-26B

• Fixed: damage to wing aerodynamics could be fixed by toggling wing fold switch

Localization

• Fixed: Changes to VTOLVR_Strings in Localization Editor did not get applied until game restart
  • Fixed: Error when changing back to english from another language when VTOLVR_Strings.csv is not present
  • Fixed: Certain strings did not get translated when switching languages without restarting game
  • Added keys for credits titles

The oil industry is serious about security.

I recently found this F-45A campaign that has you operating from an oil platform. I found the missions fun to fly, reasonably well designed and challenging but doable.

4 Likes

talking to my self in the other thread, so will ask directly…

@Sryan, what VR headset you use, and whats your specs pls? Feel free to post in the linked thread ( not want to detour this thread), tia :slight_smile:

VR Headsets Comparison Summary 2020 - Hardware & Tech Questions - Mudspike Forums

break break

@BeachAV8R, did you already tested your G2 with your laptop? whats your impressions? Also pls feel free to post in the above linked thread, tia

I have used my G2 with my laptop and thought it did pretty good. The laptop has an RTX2070 in it…whereas my desktop is a 2080ti, so there is a bit of a difference. I"d be happy to try to get some FPS numbers if you’d like.

I can answer quickly that I am not running anything impressive :slight_smile: The original Rift with a 1080Ti. Both were very kind gifts from a fellow mudspike virtual pilot. I took these screenshots with VTOL’s nifty 4K screenshot feature, so that is not very representative of what I see through the lenses. VTOL VR dus run silky smooth on it, though! 90FPS in lighter missions and 45 in more complicated ones (ASW makes sure 45 FPS looks very smooth)

Definitely, some fps nums from XP and VTOL on the laptop would be great.

1 Like

lol, was trying to figure out headset type from the resolution of the pics.

Thx for the nums.

Oh cool, finaly somebody not taking him self so seriously, good fun!

v1.1.1p5

Localization

• Added full Russian text translations

General

• Fixed: End mission screen rendered behind MFD panels in some positions
  • Fixed: Mission completion time was incorrect if it was completed on the same frame that the mission started on the first try
  • Fixed: End mission display could not be retrieved after quicksave/load after completing mission
  • Fixed: Ship ASM sometimes did not turn correctly after launch

F-45A

• Fixed: Pressing an MFD layout preset while Recenter page is open would prevent the Game page from opening again

Units

• Fixed: sea units would decelerate instantly if their target speed is below their current speed
1 Like
4 Likes

Nice!! Thats brilliant

Danger close lol

That reminds me, now that I finally own a pair of VR controllers…

2 Likes

I know it is not rational but I never liked Nuke mods of any type in any sim…

Wheels

1 Like

Yeah…the scenario would have to be really tailored to a storyline to make it something I’d really want to mess with. The one scenario that I did enjoy practicing was the low level loft delivery with the MiG-21 in DCS World just for the fact that it was a fun exercise in precision flying…

v1.2.0p1

General

• Fixed incorrect joystick/throttle haptic feedback on Quest devices using SteamVR
  • Reduced trigger latency for interactions and joystick on Oculus Touch devices using SteamVR (Rift and Quest. Requires using the new default oculus_touch SteamVR binding, or binding the triggerbutton action)
  • Added setting for joystick/throttle haptic feedback intensity
  • Fixed errors thrown by radar
  • Fixed: “PATH” label did not indicate path mode correctly in MFD GPS page
  • Fixed error when AI pilot fires the last AGM on a weapon mount

F-45A

• Fixed: Autopilot altitude and heading controls were initially clickable when autopilot was still off
  • Fixed errors thrown by MFD GPS page

Localization

• Updated Chinese localization file

v1.2.0p2

General

• Set “thumbstick mode” automatically for known controller types
  • Fixed: incorrect joystick/throttle haptic feedback for Quest 2 controllers

F-45A

• Fixed: NAV autopilot altitude and heading did not display properly

Localization

• Removed unnecessary “VTOLVR_Strings-hidden” file
  • Updated Chinese localization file

I wonder if the developer is ever going to do some playable “Red Force” aircraft? That would be an interesting addition to the already superb line up of flyable aircraft IMHO.

2 Likes

Yeah…that Red Force aircraft carrier is pretty cool looking too…(added bonus…it works as a bottle opener!)…

4 Likes