War Thunder going modern

God I hope not, they used the me-163 flight “model” for those… :smiley:

good luck with that when you do try, there is no uninstall button and it doesn’t even show up in the programs list to uninstall that way either

1 Like

I now where it’s installed. I can physically remove all the data. All I need really.

On the other hand, in Realistic and Sim mode it’s pretty damn nice, although it’s like every helo has FBW.
So you can mostly forget about all the side-forces that makes DCS helos fun to ride.

Overall they’re hot, fun, and easy. Just like on of my ex…

2 Likes

Transonic/Supersonic effect added

2 Likes

I totaly mised that last update… supersonic… heatseekers… good, GOOD ! Vietnam is just behind the corner I gues :slight_smile:

I’d love to try her! (ahem) Them!–I mean “THEM”.

(yeah I know it was an old post but I figured the dumb joke was worth it.)

3 Likes

ITS ALWAYS WORTH IT!

2 Likes

It’s still going to be War Thunder at the end of the day.

I’ve never understood War Thunder’s methods. If you purchase a DLC, are you automatically allowed to use it in-game, or do are there certain parameters that have to be met? Also, what’s the single-player like? Is it still primarily PvP multiplayer? If I purchased the MiG-19 or the F-100D, can I only fly it in MP games? I wouldn’t mind getting some of the new attack helos if it means I can fire one up and just start shooting tanks in a close air battle that isn’t online PvP. There’s a new Royal Navy SeaHawk FGA.6 on the horizon that I’m interested in, too.

Another thing that bugs me is how these things are bought. I see DLCs available on the Steam client, or in the Gaijin Store, but not both. How do you purchase this stuff and keep it tied to your account?

I am not that clear on all the in game mechanics. And I am also not investing real money into it.

I did buy in the past some second hand joystick and there was coupon I gues for 10 000 Golden Eagles ( ingame curency).
I know you can buy ingame curency with real money.
So what I was actualy doing with the GEs was that I purchased one plane! ( purchased it directly ingame ) and then usualy I used the GEs to speed up the research of new planes in particular nations tech trees. ( you research new planes to be able to use them and once you finish research [ own them ] you can exp them to increase their performance )

But yes, once I bought the ’ premium ’ plane it was available for me to use in game. Of course based on ranks / tiers or something. That means you can fly 1939-40 planes together, 1941-42 together in particular online arena etc. At least thats what I did in so caled ’ Simulation Batles ’ arenas. Maybe in ’ Arcade Batles ’ or ’ Realistic Batles ’ it is posible to find arenas with more relaxed entry criteria.

But I realy dont know how the helos or the actual more modern planes works.

In regards to single player, there was something limited available for particular premium planes that can be purchased. I would look for the features of that particular purchase.

The single player missions, of which i believe you had to buy were from the console only Birds of Steel (ps3, probably xbox 360 as well). But basically if you went back slightly further to their previous pc game Birds of Prey it was roughly the same thing. They’re ok, but nothing to write home about. More arcade like, similar to the Air Conflict games imo

*they possibly could have added more, but that was what I recall from several years back

It truly is.

Please read! It’s pretty interesting!

1 Like

Night Vision update 1.91 released

1 Like

Oh ho!

HO HO!

He he

5 Likes

Some years ago, I started this thread showing a video that included the AH-64. Now, sometime ago in late March she was finally added to the game. Ofcourse, considering the appeal this airframe has on me, I had to get one…

I put some time into flying the thing and this is perhaps the most balanced and fun loadout, 4 AGM-114B’s and 4 AIM-92’s.

The AIM-92’s are great in the chopper- and aircraft infested battlefields of war thunder, they take quite some time to spool up (about 5 seconds) and don’t pull a terrible amount of G’s (maximum of 10G) but they’re IRCCM equiped so they don’t eat other heat sources as bad as the other missiles (I once had an early AIM-9 variant go after a rocket my target shot!). Since they only carry about 450 grams of HTA-3 they also don’t always produce a killing blow, especially on more armored aircraft.

The 114B’s are killer, ofcourse. They range out to 8km which they traverse decently fast. The damage modeling on tanks is great from a technical standpoint but somewhat forgiving, as every module you knock out or crew member you ‘incapacitate’ can be repaired or replaced within seconds. I do whish the missile tracked a little better on helicopters. No matter how slow they move, if the missile decides for a LOAL style top-attack (it seems to auto choose this type of attack on anything outside of 3000 metres or so) it always misses. If I do get a hellfire off on another chopper within LOBL range it is practically a guaranteed kill.

4 Likes

That’s a beautiful landscape there!
How big is it?

hey @aginor!

I believe that was Mozdok. Mozdok is 65 x 65km for air battles, with the tank action focussed on a 1.5 x 1.5km or 4 x 4km portion of the map depending on the mode.

2 Likes

hmm, does look good

2 Likes

Thats the problem…it looks fantastic. But to have any chance of playing anything on that level you have to give up work and just play full time lol

3 Likes

To be honest effects are truly spectacular… look at this.
This engine is gold.

My gods…