Well Done! A "pat on your back" thread!

Nice work @Maico looks factory fitted!

I had a similar issue but mine was a missing blanking plug. So I hacked a multi USB plug and fitted in there. You can never have enough power!!

5 Likes

I have been topped!!! Thats beautiful work @Victork2
I want to add usb plugs like that

1 Like

They are handy. But make sure you put an inline fuse as well…

2 Likes

I need to do that to my work bus. Big ol’ car battery sure can charge a phone or two while we work, right?

2 Likes

Yep easy. The power draw is less than the interior light being left on.
I just bought one of these as well to charge my winch battery on my trailer when its parked up. It has 2 USB sockets as well and works well charging a phone even in the low light we have now. Waterproof too.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20W-12V-Portable-Solar-Panel-Trickle-Battery-Charger-Waterproof-Caravan-Camper-/402643356174?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

That’s a nice bit of kit! I don’t think it’d work for my trailer, as that’s a 24v truck battery if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

Most 24v systems are 2 x 12v batteries together. Im genuinely not sure what your setup would be though. I’d imagine it’s probably 12v as it would charge off the towing vehicle electrics. I am not totally sure though

Mine does not charge off the bus. Every once in a while I need to hook it up to its own charger. Inefficient but eh, whaddayagonnado :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Cant you run a power lead from the 7 pin plug to charge it up. A power lead and an earth and it will charge up when you are driving

Aaaaaand we’re buying a kitchen @ Küchen Fachmart!

As a cook I frigging love this stuff!
Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

5 Likes

or, you could upgrade your simpit

2 Likes

Hehehe, the wife allowed me a bigger corner for my actual simpit so… Win win?

7 Likes

I rented a place for my company to base out of. I now have a shared hangar and lot to store tools and materials. It’s a place my guys know and love, for it’s the same placed they used under the old boss. the farmer who rents it out gave us preference. We’re a known quantity :wink:

To celebrate, I pimped out our ride a little with an item we were supposed to get rid of on a trash run:

If anyone has ideas to hook it up to the car’s horn, I’m open to suggestions :smiley:

8 Likes

Just turn it around and People will get out your way!

Congratulations on the yard mate. That’s a huge step!! I rent a lowly 20ft container and some parking space. I’d kill for a covered hanger!! Well done dude. Having that gives you so much more security and peace of mind for your gear

4 Likes

Oh boy. Guys, I’m back where I belong.

I know I’m not in touch a lot lately but we’ve no internet at home and I only have a limited (very!) dataplan. (heck, we’ll be without kitchen for a month!)

I’m just writing, as I’m ready to go to work, that after a few days of this new job… I belong here.

It’s messed, and tough, and complicated, there’s a lot to unpack.
But boy do I f***** love it… :slight_smile:

10 Likes

How are the people you work with? Your bosses?

2 Likes

Good to hear, @komemiute!
How is the family settling in?

2 Likes

2 Likes

I am very pleased for you you @komemiute it will all come together piece by piece and you will be deserved of all that happiness. Keep in touch when you can, we all want to know how our friend is getting on

1 Like

Everyone is just the right type of crazy! :crazy_face:
I fit like a pea in a pod! :smiley:

@Victork2 Thanks man, and everyone- really.
I just hope to deserve all the good stuff and be a constructive part of the works here!
:smiley:

(I’m definitely going to apply what I learn here in a couple of DCS modules :wink:)

4 Likes