Well Done! A "pat on your back" thread!

:rofl:

2 Likes

Ah. Goldwing.
One of my earlier flying machines.
The nosewheel only turned about ten degrees either side of centre. So you opened the bomb bay like hatch under your knees. Dropped your feet to the ground and lifted the nose. shuffling sideways to the direction you wished to go. Likewise your feet were used as brakes for power checks.

5 Likes

Cat looks confused! “All the mice speak german!!”

5 Likes

Ultralight looks confused! “All the other airplanes speak Conventional!!”

3 Likes

“So, Komemiute, how are you finding driving in Germany”

“Fine”

Yup, got my first fine F@#&€dammit…
I was going to get our COVID schnelltest, as I was slowly put-putting along the road at 39 kph I get flashed in the face by a camera hidden in the back of a mono-volume car.

I understand that part of town was 30kph because there’s a school, but the frigging thing is closed! There was nobody around!

:rage::angry::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Aaaanyways, I’m getting the results* in an hour or so.
Yes it was the “up your nose” test.
My kids found it absolutely hilarious while me and my wife feel the inside of the nose a bit scratched.

Take care guys, and for the frigging love of God’s, GO 30KPH WHILE IN GERMANY!

(:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’m not really that mad)

*COVID results, not speeding ticket…

EDIT : Corona virus Schnelltest negative for the whole family! Yay!

10 Likes

2 Likes

Don’t you Italians have a bunch of magical road gestures that make such inconveniences disappear?

4 Likes

Don’t they have to prove who was driving at the time? Great excuse for a mask or a racing helmet.

Not everyone gets this lucky:

2 Likes

I’ve been had for speeding 4 times in Spain. In trucks it just means going to a cash point and giving “a donation” unless your in the basque region. Then its a donation at not quite gunpoint.

3 Likes

Yes officer this balaclava is needed for driving :grin:

2 Likes

Hehehehe yeah, sadly I was caught from the frong and I had my hat and I have this very peculiar beard so…
Impossibile to mistake me.

Ha…reminds me of the urban legend story…

This guy is driving on the highway through Montana and gets pulled over by a state trooper.

Trooper: “Sir…you were going twenty miles per hour over the speed limit…”

Driver: “So what is the fine for that…?”

Trooper: “Well, here in Montana the fine is $40 payable in court or here on the spot…”

Driver: “Well here’s a hundred dollar bill and I’m gonna speed through your whole crappy state…”

:rofl:

Not a true story of course.

3 Likes

Yes, here is my repeat offender’s group discount membership card! That’s buy two get one 50% off!

Available wherever fines are issued, terms & conditions apply. Not available for federal offences.

3 Likes

If you manage to get behind a Bulgarian driver in Germany its impossible to get pulled over for anything. You could hold Angela Merkel out the window with a crossbow to her head and the germans would still stop the Bulgarian first. They are brutal with them. Get out of jail free card if you can get behind and stay behind one.

3 Likes

Jesus that’s brutal! :joy::rofl:

1 Like

Depends on the laws in the locality. Some places registering/licensing a motor vehicle is agreeing that if it is operated outside of the statue the registered owner is liable regardless of who is driving.

1 Like

How does that work with commercial vehicles and trucks @jenrick? Is there different rules for those types of vehicle regarding driver and ownership?

IIRC commercial, rental, etc the actual owning entity is technically responsible for paying. A surcharge is added to any rental/lease to cover the cost of figuring out who had rented/leased the vehicle that committed the violation, and the contract makes the renter/leasee responsible for reimbursing the renting/leasing agency (usually with an upcharge on the fee). Quite the racket, as the renting/leasing party gets the fee covered, plus an upcharge to cover their work figuring out who to bill, and the surcharge effects all renters/leasers even if they never incur a penalty.

1 Like

American cars have a bad habit of loosing buttons.
This button was missing. I can buy the whole audio input panel for 60USD on Ebay…

Option 2. Hack a piece of plastic off a soft plastic DVD cover. Sand and shape then use model paint. Glued w Testers.

Looks like it was born there, huh?

9 Likes

Wow! Nice job.

1 Like