What are your up and download speeds?

Plenty fast for me.

I average 4.8 mbps download…

3 Likes

Hey Vanilla, welcome!

I have to measure it tonight, but last time I checked I could download ~7 megabytes per second, and upload ~2 megabytes per second.
Which would fit since I have a DSL50 since a few years ago (LOL my last post in this thread is from 2015!)

@Vanilla
Welcome to Mudspike!

Lucky me, wife is a telecommuter so her company pays for the internet. No complaints even when our 2 kids are currently hooked up for virtual school and wife streams 4k movies. But it’s interesting that our upload is capped lower than all of yours above. 40 mbps is still plenty though.

3 Likes

Thank you for the welcome

1 Like

It’s been a while since I’ve played MW … this shouldn’t take long. :smiley:

codmwu

Thought I’d better warm up for Cold War dropping this week.

I do not mind my downloads speeds being roughly 300 to 350 Mbps but when it is running 50 Mbps and I am paying for 400 Mbps that is wholly unacceptable. I will definitely be giving Spectrum support a call if the speeds do not improve with my tests tomorrow.

Test # 1:

Test # 2:

Test # 3:

Test # 4:

Wheels

I’ve got 300mbit down and 50mbit up.

1950 on a Saturday night on the wifi, not too bad:

Cleared 600 and 400 the other day around midnight on a weeknight.

Internet speed-wise, I went from Model T to the Ferrari 458 about 6 months ago :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We use the internet a lot. The speed I pay for is 1.5 Gbps but the speed test will only show ~1 GB on a single machine test like this, as the NIC/LAN is the limiting factor. The router has a 2.5 Gbps connection, but I’d need to update my motherboard and switches.

2 Likes

I pay for 1gb and I get it. The wireless set up around the house gives 1gb almost 2 floors away and opposite end of the house too. It’s sweet.

1 Like

How is this implemented?

I’m ignorant in this area; plug wireless router in; turn on 5G; connect, done. Never close to 1GB wireless. My figures above are on a wire.

Thanks.

I’m running orbi mesh network. One of the satellite units is in the bedroom (my wife’s office setup is here) to make sure she has good speeds. She doesn’t even need to plug ethernet into the satellite to ensure good speed - she gets it wirelessly. I need another unit for the main floor to get full speed all over there, but even in the weak zones I get 300.

2 Likes

well upload is the usual but DL is a bit slow tonight :wink:

1 Like

speed

and fuming about every bloody fiber broadband advert on TV that we cant get because of living in the back of beyond

2 Likes

I remember the days of Dial up and pay per-minute … the other half managed to rack up a £600+ phone bill the first couple of months we had the interwebs … that was a long time ago… the old 33kbps dial up modems which would tie up the phone line, and god forbid anybody calling and knocking you off line wen you were downloading anthing

1 Like

I feel for ya; up until ~April I’d spent the last 7 years at the same speeds (your upload is actually 2X faster) - and paying too much for it IMO. Only choice was to move but the spousal unit was firmly set in place.

Oh yeah! I recall being fascinated watching text scroll in, slowly, as my buddy and I would type stuff to each other, “Neat, check that out”…when of course we could’ve just picked up the phone (that was hanging on the wall) and talked to each other.

2 Likes

Doing a wee bit better today. :wink:

Web
https://www.speedtest.net/result/12223979546

![](upload://7HFYyfiSEmNuL7rPJxIs3asmu3l.png)

Embed
<a href="https://www.speedtest.net/result/12223979546">![](upload://7HFYyfiSEmNuL7rPJxIs3asmu3l.png)</a>

Forum
[URL=https://www.speedtest.net/result/12223979546]![](upload://7HFYyfiSEmNuL7rPJxIs3asmu3l.png)[/URL]

Wheels

1 Like