What we hearing? - Mudspike plays

He’s pretty good in his side projects so probably worth checking out!

I loved the Fort Minor album and some other collab stuff (remember the track he did with X-ecutioners?), and I saw as well that he was in town - I would’ve been down there if I could’ve made it work.

Found this little gem by chance. Its an amazing cover sung by two young adults.
The song is a cover of Megadeth’s “A Tout Le Monde” Sung by Dave Mustaines Daughter and another lad, both with amazing vocals.

Starts at 1.25

The original

Recently discovered The Dead South

Geddy Lee explained the genesis of the song in an interview:

The seeds for the song were planted nearly 60 years ago in April 1945 when British and Canadian soldiers liberated the Nazi concentration camp Bergen-Belsen. Lee’s mother, Manya (now Mary) Rubenstein, was among the survivors. (His father, Morris Weinrib, was liberated from the Dachau concentration camp a few weeks later.) The whole album “Grace Under Pressure,” says Lee, who was born Gary Lee Weinrib, “is about being on the brink and having the courage and strength to survive.”

Though “Red Sector A,” like much of the album from which it comes, is set in a bleak, apocalyptic future, what Lee calls “the psychology” of the song comes directly from a story his mother told him about the day she was liberated.

I once asked my mother her first thoughts upon being liberated," Lee says during a phone conversation. “She didn’t believe [liberation] was possible. She didn’t believe that if there was a society outside the camp how they could allow this to exist, so she believed society was done in.”[1]

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Sector_A#Background

Wheels

I’m guessing there’s a story here…

or a difficult work week

It involves a bird that sprang back to life unexpectedly. Scary stuff! :bird:

ZZ Top - Gimme All Your Lovin

Wheels

**ZZ Top - TV Dinners

Wheels

Yeah I have a soft spot for slavic pathos. Spot the ones in there not Russian. (hint: they’re Finns)

and this, just because it moved me:

John Lee Hooker - "Boom boom boom"

Wheels

I love most of Hooker pieces.

Oh my, what did I write…

Look at that guys’ equalizer! what is he, some kind of psycho?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The Sweet - "The Ballroom Blitz"

Wheels