What we hearing? - Mudspike plays

Harry Chapin - "Cats in the Cradle"

Wheels

Given tis the season…

What can I say, I’m into Medieval Music.
…OK for you non-Latin speakers…

Simon & Garfunkel - The Sound of Silence

Wheels

Couple remixes from Raptor: Call of the Shadows

Eric Clapton - “Tears In Heaven”

Wheels

NEIL YOUNG - "OLD MAN"

Wheels

@piper Huh! It seems this mariachi adaptation is, like… a thing. A few evenings ago I was listening to the various covers of Strangler’s Golden Brown and there is this one…

The Monkees - “Daydream Believer”

Wheels

My wife told me I should really do something about my obsession for “The Monkees”.

I thought she was joking…

:notes: BUT THEN I SAW HER FACE :notes: NA NA NA NAAAAh

She might have made you a believer but if you forget you will need a ticket on

The Last Train To Clarksville

Wheels

I mean, are the Beatles REALLY that great? Should’ve gone with the Rolling Stones. Also, you forgot Harry Potter.

Yes. Yes, they are.

Quick quiz–which group performed a song written by the other? Hint - there is no Stones song ever sung by the Beatles.

Also, how many hits did Charlie Watts, Brian Jones, Bill Wyman, and Ronnie Wood have as solo acts? :thinking:

The Beatles wrote 200 songs on 13 albums, various EPs, and numerous singles in 7 years, with 2 dozen number one hits, and the vast majority are still remembered to this day. No one will ever match that, especially not in an era when one album of a dozen songs comes out every several years.

They did pop, rock, ballads, psychedelic, metal, country, and whatever Revolution 9 was. I think only David Bowie matched them in sheer versatility but it took him a much longer span of time.

The Stones are an awesome rock and blues band, and they had some songs that were really great, but while they could have arguably been better in 64 or 65, by 68 it was obvious they would forever be in 2nd place.

I mean… If “Helter Skelter” isn’t the first Heavy Metal song I really don’t know how the world spins anymore.

There are some other songs that arguably vie for that title like Born to be Wild, Sunshine of your Love, Purple Haze, and so on, but when the Beatles did it metal became known.
Largely based on reading a review of a song that was supposed to be wild and loud, only to later hear the song and realize it wasn’t that all, he was inspired to do it himself. Apparently the song was “I Can See for Miles” which, while it was certainly hard rock for the era, is a far cry from being metal, only flirting with it.

I’ve heard the 13 minute version, but not the half hour one. On top of that, how many songs have had an offhand comment thrown in at the end become so famous? “I’ve got blisters on my fingers!!” has an entry in history all its own.

… and now for something completely different:

Imagine this played not on piano but on two electric guitars with a good bunch of effects on em and an electric bass… :metal:

Speaking of-

I’m currently listening to the Fallout 4 soundtrack.
One of my favorite scores for any game, it really enhanced that wasteland wandering.

I just found this. The guy manages to reproduce the guitars better than Paul’s own recent touring performances do.