What we podcasting?

Pretty good Ed Snowden interview I listened to today. Ed actually tried out for 18 XRAY (enlistment to the Green Beret pipeline) before breaking both his legs trying. I think you HAVE to have strong bones to try out for something like that :slight_smile:

I love this podcast…

It’s a mix of Lovecraftian horror and Douglas Adams humor.
:smiley:

2 Likes

Oh that sounds like fun indeed :relaxed:

Oh, that one is terribly addictive.

For history buffs, this one is a fascinating dive.

2 Likes

Listened to two of these during my walk today. Definitely get that Douglas Adams vibe…

2 Likes

I listened to a couple of “Welcome to Night Vale” podcasts yesterday and although all I could think of was Douglas Adams, I thought the author was probably on LSD or something LOL! Crazy fiction is definitely not my thing man. I prefer podcasts that I can learn from, like those “Revisionist History” ones. I’ll be listening to a lot more Revisionist History … very well written and produced.

2 Likes

I totally understand you.
It’s really weird narrative.

2 Likes

I felt the same in that it’s a bit “out there”, but I would argue that’s the same thing Douglas Adam’s books were. Quirky.

1 Like

You should also check out 99% Invisible. Another one of my favorites.

3 Likes

Been listening to this one quite a bit. I’m fascinated by those that served as Navy Seals or special forces as the dedication it must take to get there just is well above anything I could imagine myself mustering.

1 Like

@Kinger … I’m currently downloading every episode of the Shawn Ryan Show. I’ll check it out tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up. :+1:

@Navynuke99 … ya got me hooked on Revisionist History bro! Malcolm Gladwell is an interesting character. Even more endearing is that he grew up in Elmira, which is a small Mennonite farming town in Southern Ontario, Canada. It’s aboot an hour and a half from me eh and I visit there a few times a month and I’d also love to live there! :smiley:

ANYWAY, listening TO THIS PODCAST MIGHT SAVE YOUR LIFE SOME DAY …

It’s aboot that whole 2009 Toyota “stuck accelerator” recall and how it was complete BS and how people are stupid …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFQvPeRrLuY

1 Like

Thanks for turning me on to the Shawn Ryan show @Kinger. I REALLY enjoyed podcast #003 today with ex Green Beret and CIA contractor Don “Lucky” Bradley, A.K.A. Headshot Don. He took a snub nose 38 round to the head on American soil and is also being charged as a criminal for the altercation and faces 22 years in prison. Say no more. This story will make your blood boil.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to episode #004 tomorrow. I started a bit of it today … former MARSOC Marine Raider Nick Kefalides. All I could think of was the only Marine I know around here … Mr. @Gunnyhighway. :+1:

2 Likes

I just clicked through some of that, i’ll listen later on. I happened to hear him discussing Major Fred Galvin. I served with him and he’s a great Marine, and its an absolute tragedy how he was treated. If you’re interested in some more follow up info, read this:

2 Likes

I’m glad you are enjoying them so far. I do wish they were released a little more frequently, but what can you do? Like I said, I find the stories these interviewees provide to be pretty darn interesting and I’m always interested by their backgrounds and what motivated them to join the service or choose that path in the service as well.

Listened to Gad Saad on the JRE today. Never knew who he was. Now I’m a Gad Saad addict LOL!

Podcasts are POWERFULL and Joe Rogan is proving it.

I refuse to listen to anybody who gives that troll a platform for his maliciously dangerous lies.

4 Likes

I might have issues with a lot of the stuff that militarily happened over there but that Homiak guy is a frigging criminal.
I’ve server as mortar infantry and reading these stories of ineptitude and “small-man complex” pi$$ me off to no end.

3 Likes

@Navynuke, I think I’m missing something here. Care to expand on that? Who and what are you talking about? (I still haven’t listened to the Alex Jones & Tim Dillon interview)