What we watching? – Mudspike at the movies

The 1950s?

6 Likes

Yeah. Imagine if the last WWII air war movie was in 1946.

2 Likes

If this list is accurate/complete then Red Scarf in 1964 is the last one before Devotion.

Wheels

Beavis and Butthead revival :joy: a breath of fresh air in these sad times on this clown planet. Still crass as ever :grin:

2 Likes

I will just leave this here and let you all talk…
https://youtu.be/pAM1PBSWVUQ

4 Likes

We have… :wink:

2 Likes

Is it all on audiobook? Loving it!

2 Likes

yep the full book is near 20 hours long and damn good

2 Likes

I just added it to my Audible wish list and it’s listed as 36 hours. Not quite a Michener, but beefy for sure.

Lansky with Harvey Keitel as Meyer Lansky.

Still not sure what I think about it. Was it just long and boring or will something click so I get the point of it in the next few days.

Wheels

Longer than I thought … but they say time flies when you are enjoying something :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Heheheheh huh huh huh crass. Heh heh

2 Likes

Just seen Thirteen Lives - Ron Howard did an amazing job!

1 Like

Actor Roger E. Mosley, “TC” in Magnum P.I. is dead.

He was in a car accident a few days ago. He passed yesterday.

TC was my favourite of the show, because he was a pilot :slight_smile:

4 Likes

OK for kids?

According to his daughter the car accident he was involved in a few days ago had left him paralyzed from the shoulders down.

Wheels

Cant say - depends on the age maybe - would think they might get bored and would not appreciate it. about 2hrs 30mins but I was hooked for most of it.

In some ways like a documentary - no gore, little swearing, one of the divers (one the film is dedicated to) does die but nothing horrific from what I remember.

1 Like

I’ve found that you really can’t go wrong with any film Ron Howard is involved in.

2 Likes

Thanks. Our twins are 9, but they can get through Jurassic Park with only jumping in a lap once or twice. It’s really hard to find something that we all find compelling enough to get through. This sounds like a good option.

1 Like

The new Spiderman movies were one of the few things I’ve found that both my kids will watch. The older one will watch quite a few things, but the younger one tends to not care too much for traditional film and TV and prefers YT vids.

However, into the Spider verse and the new Spiderman films caught her interest enough that she went back and saw the last 2 Avenger films and now the latest Dr Strange and Thor films. She’s 11.

3 Likes