What we watching? – Mudspike at the movies

Yep, my answer -
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

2 Likes

So I guess I had a bit of a Netflix weekend with watching 3 different things.

First up was The Mind of Aaron Hernandez. This one was rather interesting as while I was following the story somewhat while it happened I didn’t know all of the bits and pieces. Definitely a bit scary how this guys life just spiraled out of control.

Next was Dracula. Made it through the first two episodes, but that third one just had me reaching for the remote. Couldn’t finish it…

Last was The Devil Next Door. As a 13 year old kid living in Cleveland when this blew up I remember all of the news coverage it got locally, but I never really paid enough attention to really get an understanding of what was going on. Quite an eye opener…

3 Likes

It makes for a better juxtaposition. :grin: :wink:

1 Like

Back to Dick Van D yke on Amazon Prime. Cheers and Frasier require a CBS all Access account to view them now.

Wheels

Wait… You can write Dick but not ■■■■?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhhaha

Awesome…

6 Likes

One of the forum’s top achievements… :wink:

7 Likes

I giggled - I’m not proud of it but I did. :laughing:

3 Likes

You know those really deep, stomach based belly laughs that you have when you know your laughing when you shouldn’t.

Yup. Here.

2 Likes

Nope. You cannot write ■■■■… or ■■■■…or even ■■■■esque. I once wrote ■■■■ and got away with it until the most recent website update. Of course you have never been allowed to write ■■■■.

Still, ■■■■ is acceptable…wait!…What Happened??!! I can’t write ■■■■??!! Well that’s a real ■■■■er!!! :crazy_face:

5 Likes

This just confirms it. You’re full of ■■■■ it seems.

4 Likes

Geez. Do we really need a censorbot? we’re big boys, we can keep our posts clean ourselves, can’t we? @admin please turn that off.

I think it’s a fair tradeoff for being a public-oriented site. Keeping things SFW and for younger eyes is a good thing in my book.

2 Likes

we can do that ourselves. We can easily manage to stay civil and still discuss the state of Dutch waterworks unimpeded by random dicks. See what I did there? it’s so random, so arbitrary. Does more harm than good imo.

2 Likes

Well sure, if you intentionally try to get around it, there are ways. The idea is to discourage it, which without a censor means we have to have a moderator policing it which in turn means more workload for poor @fearlessfrog which leads to selective enforcement which leads to chaos and revolution, freedom from bourgeoisie oppression, and so on.

I see the censor as just being there as a reminder, which can get lost in debate sometimes.

3 Likes

So far, standards and practices of this board have not been policed by admin at me, I learned from the other users how not to be just another internet rectum. So if turning the censor off would turn us all into foulmouthed dockworkers, yeah then it would be a bad idea. But I have a strong suspicion it wouldn’t.

On the other hand, it is kinda fun to think up witty synonyms for things the bot would stick its dick in meddle with.

1 Like

In the Navy we weren’t censored but we had to watch ourselves because the systems people could use “dirty word” searches to catch those who weren’t being considerate of others.

So, buy substituting the silent P one can say, “You psuck!”. The phonetic ph making the F sound can even be used for “phuck”, although I preferred “Firetruck” (first letter and last three letters). There was the time I called somebody an “Anal Jester”…you can probably figure out what I meant.

Likewise, when mentioning a certain female of certain life style persuasions, individuals one can refer to prominent features of Dutch Waterworks (as @schurem did) … or the Mary Maples Dodge story about the little boy who saved his town by sticking his finger in one (if that is not full of innuendo, I know not what is)…or an island in the Aegean… all work well enough.

A long way to say, I don’t mind the auto censor aspect of Mudspike. It can be worked around if somebody really needs to. Personally, just use the time tested, “$#@&%”…which just about says it all anyway. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Pah! Humbug! Poppycock!

You’re right of course, and I do agree that the lack of phucks and schits and other modern epithets does lend this site a certain cachet.

I’ll lay off and rest my case.

Specially censored video for all you cake-suckers

Also saw this - it was mostly ■■■■

3 Likes

I used to eat Cheese-wiz like that.

1 Like

I don’t give a rodents rear for comic book movies per se, but that sure sounds like a prime candidate for “matige maandagfilm” I have no idea how to translate “matig”. It means ok’ish. Not very good, but not bad either Google says mediocre. Ok Mediocre Monday then. A 6.5 which is a weekly thing my wife and me do.
We alternate choosing what flick to see, and not having to choose the Best one, or even a Good one makes it chill and relaxed. Some of 'em were pretty darn good too, often unexpectedly.

For example yesterday we watched this: (her choice)

And had they cut just a couple minutes earlier would have been a solid 8 for me.

The week before we watched this:

And it was pretty darn bad. The acting was thorougly meh, but in a fun way and the styling and such was over the top beautiful. So yeah, that was fun!

The week before we watched this:

https://youtu.be/CQ2zIsy2Hb8

And that was hilariously profane fun. And also a nice story, and nicely acted. That was far too good for ‘matige maandag’. It took me on a trip down rap culture history that had me discover Tupac Shakur about twenty years late lol.

2 Likes