What we watching? – Mudspike at the movies

I absolutely love it lee. Everyone is moaning over nothing. Its bloody awesome

1 Like

That first episode where the chief drops in and starts absolutely decking the covenant was flipping amazing

2 Likes

I’m not sure I understand it either. While you and I are probably on opposite ends of the political spectrum (who cares? :joy:), I’m not sure why this matters to anyone on Mudspike, nor did I notice anything political in the show. I haven’t read the book(s), know nothing about the author so maybe I’m missing something, but I thought it was well done. Reminded me a lot of the movie Shooter with Markie Mark.

1 Like

A little thread cleanup was in order.
Read @Fridges excellent post for further clarification.

3 Likes

I know I’m late to the party, but I finally got around to seeing Top Gun Maverick. I liked it and thought it was a well done movie. Towards the end of the movie it got a little goofy, but I guess they needed to do it to make everything okay. Sort of James Bond-ish.

8 Likes

Latest trailer. Coming in November. Looking forward to this movie.
https://youtu.be/NCDEGP6VjYY

7 Likes

Likewise.

2 Likes

Yeah. That looks absolutely bloody fantastic. :flushed:

Planes of Fame and their pilots were involved in the making of the film Devotion. One of the Corsairs in the film belongs to the museum too. The Corsair was also used in the 1970’s tv series Black Sheep.

Fairly certain that PoF’s Corsair is still wearing the paint scheme it had on it while filming the movie Devotion.

Wheels

1 Like

The Corsair is soooo dang sexy. Loved Baa Baa Black Sheep as a kid. I demand a “TV show” reboot with the protagonist of Devotion as the main character! :smiley:

I’ll bet you I actually saw that Corsair at EAA. There were several there.

Sometimes Mudspike is like when you are driving and notice a car-sized patch of melted asphalt and mangled railing. You assume there must have been an accident in the recent past. You might even be morbidly curious as to how bad it really might have been. But really, you know nothing other than to feel slightly uncomfortable and drive on.

So…driving on.

2 Likes

Nothing to see here, don’t worry.

1 Like

Today I heard from a “Fly on the Wall” (podcast with Dana Carvey and David Spade) that “The Beatles: Get Back” documentary on the Disney+ channel was AWESOME! Since I got a free six month subscription to Disney+ with my new ISP I started ‘er up and I ain’t disappointed! Incredible footage. I was never really a Beatles fan but this is probably going to put me over the edge. :slight_smile:

I would be quite surprised if it was one of those at EAA. PoF typically keeps their planes close to home.

Wheels

Had not heard about Devotion, but how long has it been since we had a film about the Korean Air War? Was I even born when the last came out??
I like that actor, he was very good in Lovecraft Country. I won’t be seeing it in the theater (I didn’t even get to see Maverick), but I will watch when I can see it streaming.

As for Get Back, it was very good.

1 Like

The 1950s?

6 Likes

Yeah. Imagine if the last WWII air war movie was in 1946.

2 Likes

If this list is accurate/complete then Red Scarf in 1964 is the last one before Devotion.

Wheels

Beavis and Butthead revival :joy: a breath of fresh air in these sad times on this clown planet. Still crass as ever :grin:

2 Likes