What we watching? – Mudspike at the movies

I enjoyed the first two seasons, but season 3 lost me…
I like the premise of the series though! It’s a really cool thought experiment. What if the space race never stopped. Love the details like how tech gadgets are available a lot sooner, like mobile phones and electric cars in the 80’s.

3 Likes

Not yet, but it is on the list. I will probably buy the DVD’s - I have already used my AppleTV free trial (does anyone know what fingerprinting they do or will I be able to get another one with a burner email?). I’m not sure I want to take out a subscription just to watch one show.

That is what I have been hearing - Get’s a bit too much ‘Days of Our Lives’ Soap Opera-ish. I will still give at least Season 1 a go.

1 Like

Me, exactly.

2 Likes

During the week we watched the knives out movies with Daniel Craig

Not bad…interesting and quite good “who done it/dark humour”

3 Likes

I have only seen the first one. Wife and I quite liked it… even though she isn’t a fan of Daniel Craig.

Is the second one as good, or is it cashing in on the first?

1 Like

I preferred the second one… but the wife liked the first more… don’t think its a cash in on the first one :grinning: if they manage to keep the quality at the same level, i would watch a third one

2 Likes

I just finished watching Deutschland 83. The first part in a trilogy of mini-series (Deutschland 86 and Deutschland 89 being the rest).

It’s been out since 2015, but I saw it was available on Amazon Prime and binge watched it last night and today.

I would link a trailer or something, but what I found on Youtube didn’t do the series justice, IMO.

This series takes place in 1983 in West/East Germany. An East German border guard is recruited to go to the West and get intelligence on a potential nuclear attack by the West against the East. (Able Archer)

I found this series enjoyable, as it took place in Germany, had spy/military stuff in there, etc. If you haven’t seen this already, I think this would interest a lot of people here.

I watched it on Amazon Prime in German (with English subtitles). I couldn’t find a way to get English dubbing.

5 Likes

Lawman

with Burt Lancaster, Robert Ryan, Lee J. Cobb, Robert Duvall, and Sheree North.

Video Source: https://youtu.be/H2WKu3cw8JM

Summary

It was weird seeing John Hillerman playing something other than Jonathan Quayle Higgins III

It was good as far as nostalgia goes to see all the actors of my youth again but it was just an average movie.

Wheels

2 Likes

The next prequel in the Yellowstone series. Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren.

If you haven’t watched 1883, do it!

3 Likes

1923 is a prequel to 1883?

(This forum software is going to take some practice.)

2 Likes

1883 is the first Yellowstone “prequel”. 1923 is the subsequent prequel following the next generations of the Dutton family.
You don’t need to watch 1883 to follow 1923.

1 Like

You explained it perfectly the first time @Chaz. No forum software practice necessary. :wink:

I’ve only watched a few episodes of Yellowstone so I have A LOT to catch up on! :+1:

I’m on season 2, and trying my hardest not to binge. Impossible.

2 Likes

That is why I prefer it when they drop a new episode each week… Unless of course you are playing ‘catch-up’ like I have just have with Tulsa King after a friend recommended it and I watched 8 episodes in as many days.

So I guess what I am watching now is

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16358384/

Stallone is actually really good in this. Probably his best role since Copland.

5 Likes

Finished it today but none the wiser - looks like a second season is coming.

2 Likes

House of the Dragon was very well acted - not as much action as GoT but overall thought very good.

2 Likes

High praise indeed, bumped to the top of my list.

I will have to add that to the list. I really like those slow burn sci-fi mysteries, like Night Sky.

Wait, what? @chipwich is Josh Brolin :astonished:

1 Like

sssshhhh!! :wink:

Yeah, the end was a bit… open.

3 Likes

You guys are too funny. I appreciate the compliment, but you may want to schedule your annual eye exam soon :rofl: Brolin is a stud, isn’t he?

3 Likes