What we watching? – Mudspike at the movies

Now I will have to watch both… :wink: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

The Nazi hunters are back - Just seen the second series.

1 Like

I’ve got in my my watch list but haven’t watched it yet. I had read and saw reviews saying it was pretty darn good.

1 Like

An absoutely first class film. I didnt know about it but it is fact based. A great story.

On Netflix.

2 Likes

Have you this other one by him starring those two? It’s pretty great too, apologies if it’s posted already-

6 Likes

+1 for In Bruges.

I went into it cold, not knowing what it was about, other than it was recommended to me as “a really good movie”.

At first I thought I was going to be in for another ‘Guy Ritchie style’ Brit gangster film… But it is so much more than that.

I am really going to have to track down a copy and watch it again. I also quite liked another of McDonagh’s films - Seven Psychopaths (similar story within a story, within a story theme & black humour) and I reckon I will have to watch Banshees of Inisheren as well.

5 Likes

Watched Bridge of Spies last night. I thought it was a really good movie.

8 Likes

I agree. I liked it too. There are very few things that Tom Hanks doesn’t do well.

4 Likes

My wife wanted to go on an anniversary date, she hadn’t seen a movie in theaters since 2019, and wanted to see Plane.

I told her that she knows I hate Gerard Butler, and I absolutely wasn’t going to go watch yet another dumb formulaic action movie that casts aviation in a poor light to the general public.

So anyway, the movie was actually pretty enjoyable. :rofl: I had to turn my brain off in a few scenes, but the story wasn’t F&F-level dumb and the visuals and gunplay were good. Even old Gerry did a pretty decent job of acting in it, although he must be from the old-school pre-CRM days because he never let his poor FO do anything in the cockpit except run a stopwatch.

If you want an action-packed popcorn flick, I’d say go see it. Both of us had fun.

3 Likes

@Harry_Bumcrack and @speck if you like In Bruges have a look at

Similar dark humour

2 Likes

Harry, Spec and Temp; thanks! I look forward to watching all three, especially Bruges.

2 Likes

Cool thanks, I’ll check it out!

1 Like

Don’t know if there are any Rick and morty fans here (beside myself😀) but breaking news on the show

1 Like

Yeah i like R and M my wife is a MASSIVE fan

How they gonna do the voices. Not that i think they did the wrong thing. But to carry on the show and not address this is going to be weird

Plus all the improv he did is gonna make the pacing weird as well if that disappeared

1 Like

Ummm, let me think… I have a pair of pickle rick socks and am wearing this T right now:

@Victork2 I can understand Justin getting dropped if he is found guilty of the charges but punishing somebody just because they have been accused is a different matter IMHO.

If he is exonerated I hope they reinstate him as quickly?

2 Likes

I confess to hoping the same thing, although my wife was saying its sounding pretty damning

2 Likes

I am a big fan of any monster movies… any thing from the classics like the original godzilla or THEM…the other day was looking around for anything new and found this

not a bad little movie … good effects and a nice bit of F35’s for good measure

4 Likes

I really liked that film!

1 Like

Troll was very enjoyable. The right amount of ‘not taking itself too seriously’ mixed with ‘playing it straight’.

1 Like

Speaking of Troll, I am flying today with a Norwegian guy who commutes on his airline. “My favorite airline!”, he says.

(And as this has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, I’m out.)

5 Likes