What we watching? – Mudspike at the movies

I saw the trailers and thought that I just didn’t want to see Stallone go out like that…
But I reluctantly gave it a go…and I just love it!

2 Likes

Watched Lock Up this evening, featuring that awesome 70’s hit by The Ides Of March

1 Like

Ha ha - coincidence can be a funny thing - saw a '65 Mustang at the local garage this morning! It was a horrid blue colour, though - I think they look better in red.

I spent an enjoyable few hours this morning fixing a brake binding issue on this beast.

I love working on American vehicles. 1x spanner 1x screwdriver 1x hammer and 1 x grease.

Bliss

6 Likes

Plus, in a punch, the hammer alone will usually work.

4 Likes

I am a big fan of percussive maintenance.

If it isn’t working, use a hammer. If that doesn’t work use a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes
4 Likes

We watched another oldie last night “Beverly Hills Cop” but I noticed a fave of mine form the '80’s - Defence Of The Realm" was on Talking Pictures, so I’ve recorded that to watch next week.

It’s an interesting conspiracy film regarding an F-111 accident and uncovering what really happened and whether the aircraft was carrying nuclear weapons, plus Big Brother’s attempts to cover it up.

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Never even heard of it… Now I must watch it!

2 Likes

I suppose it’s nothing special these days, but when I first rented it on VHS in 1988 I was well impressed - and so was my dad, which was a minor miracle.

2 Likes

I guess that depends… Not for the new crowd, no, but I grew up in the 80’s and loved these kind of movies.

2 Likes

Yeah, I used to love the cold war films - the Germans did some very good ones, too. I remember they had a series, too, that I greatly enjoyed. Can’t remember the exact details - probably one of their SoKo series, but it mostly revolved around east/west spying and agents and so on. Shame there’s not so much of that nowadays - no longer a hot topic, i guess. Only remakes. Used to like the same kind of books, as well.

this looks interesting … but we have to remember its from the same people who did Morbius
NOTE… some violence and blood in trailer film may get R rating

2 Likes

Liked

Very much so :point_up:

So far I think I never saw a Ritchie’s movie I didn’t like… he has an exquisite taste for film making and story crafting.

Love Guy Ritchie, love Gyllenhaal (as a Director and Actor respectively, I don’t know them personally)… Don’t know if I will be able to watch this?

3 Likes

Watching Extreme Prejudice tonight. I know it’s a bit corny, but it’s one of my old faves, with one of my favourite old sayings…

…as long as I’ve got a face, you’ve got a place to sit!:laughing:

1 Like