What we watching? – Mudspike at the movies

2 Likes

Sean Connery GIF by James Bond 007

2 Likes

Is totally awesome… Is it too late to name my kid Bradward?

1 Like

Must be kidding! I used to wear one of those in the army cadets! I can’t remember which regiment it was, though - something with highland in it, but not one I’d heard of before I joined. Had a stag’s head above the main badge - I’ll have to see if I can find out.

Okay found it - the Gordon Highlanders. Though I’m sure it wasn’t just that but an amalgamation of two regiments.
edit* nope - in fact I remember now it was the Queen’s Own Highlanders…

1 Like

I must be out of touch in Star Trek things, I had to google “7 of 9”.

Glad I did though :wink:

5 Likes

Ive Googled her a LOT over the years

4 Likes

Is that what it’s called now? :rofl:

5 Likes

Family. Safe. Forum. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Um…she does know Luke would never be interested, right? :wink:

3 Likes

she knows … but can dream :rofl:

1 Like

aaaaaaaaaaand Arnold is Back !

FUBAR (TV Series 2023– ) - IMDb
I just Binge watched all 8 episodes of Season 1 on Netflix yesterday and if you like Arnold this will definitely scratch that itch to see him in action once again. I am all in for a Season 2 but only time will tell if that is a go…

Wheels

3 Likes

Just finished watching Dressed To Kill (the Michael Caine psycho-slasher one). I can’t believe how many times I watched that film, all things considered.

2 Likes

Just finished watching the 4 hour NBC commercial fest or as it was blatantly misrepresented for the last month The Indianapolis 500.

The last two laps were definitely exciting from a viewer standpoint but in deference to the overall safety of the drivers I think the last Red flag was one too many.

Wheels

4 Likes

Just done watching a 6 part series called Black Snow (2023).

Can recommend it, especially if you‘re into detective work. It is very well done and quite believable.

Set in a small town in Queensland, Australia. In both 1994 and 2019. Picking up a topic that‘s a couple hundred years older.

Big :+1:

2 Likes

Given it’s power in our cultural zeitgeist this week I guess Succession’s finale is worth mentioning. My wife and I don’t watch many things together anymore but this was something we were faithful to watch only together. The ending did not disappoint. I will say that I put my bet on the ultimate successor correctly back in season 1. Fumie was quite generous in her “You were Right, yo!”

Many years ago I turned my mom, a voracious reader (RIP), onto the book, Wool. A TV version was inevitable. Called “Silo” (the name of whole trilogy of which Wool is the first, the show on Apple is pretty good. My daughter and I are sharing this one. It’s filled with what we might call “improbabilities” and part of the fun for the two of us is being the first to call out “BS!”.

Watch Silo | Apple TV+

1 Like

If you read the McAuslan series of books by George McDonald Fraser, they are autobiographical about service in Libya after the war with the Gordons. The books are very funny especially ‘The General Danced at Dawn’. The authors earlier service as an infantryman against the Japanese is recounted in ‘Quartered safe out here’. He went on to write the ‘Flashman’ books.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-McAuslan-George-MacDonald-Fraser/dp/0006513719?ref=d6k_applink_bb_dls&dplnkId=8442c76e-c86e-469b-8eff-5e253f1f0556

2 Likes

The Flashman books are excellent!

I just finished season 3 of Picard.

I liked it.

1 Like

I saw Everything Everywhere All at Once last week and thought it was quite novel. Good to see a well done film with great actors that was totally original.

5 Likes

yes GIF

1 Like