What we watching? – Mudspike at the movies

That’s weird.
Dick is OK…
But ■■■■ isn’t…

It’s just a stock list of words that people usually use as insults online, we didn’t author it. I unblocked the dick, so to speak. I could probably phrase that better but I haven’t had a coffee yet. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

3 Likes

The USN IT folks usually have some list like that. So we just use alternative spellings…mostly things like the silent p so “you suck” becomes “you psuck” (hmmm “suck” is apparently not on the Mudspike dirty word list. Likewise since a nickname for Richard is Dick, I might type “Oh don’t be a Richard” Once, instead of referring to someone as an “ass clown” I used “anal jester”… and so on.

1 Like

Lets get back to … Mary Tyler Moore
Mary_Tyler_Moore_Dick_Van_Dyke_1964

3 Likes

Very beautiful woman. It was sad that she had so many health issues later in life.

Wheels

And she appeared in the 1961film X-15…so aviation oriented…and hot!

4 Likes

Watched this one on Amazon yesterday.

Wheels

1 Like

And?

Let’s show the whole film in the preview.

1 Like

Sure…happens all the time…

3 Likes

Seen better, seen worse, has its moments…

Lol, that’s Hollyweird for ya.

Wheels

1 Like

Since I am probably one of the few humans that enjoyed Waterworld, I see your point clearly :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah…what is it with Kevin Costner and post apocalypse sci-fi films?? …in addition to Waterworld I am of course speaking of The Postman…not to be confused with The Postman Always Rings Twice…which is neither post apocalyptic nor starring Kevin Costner…nether the 1946 nor 1981 version…time for more coffee. :dizzy_face:

Edit: Also not to be confused with Il Postino which was released in the US under the title Il Postino: The Postman…so you can see where there might be some confusion. Unlike The Postman (the post apocalyptic one with Kevin Costner), Il Postino: The Postman was nominates for several Academy Awards including Best Picture which was pretty good for a non-English language film in the US. …and it isn’t post apocalyptic themed nor staring Kevin Costner.

Edit 2: Was using a different brand f coffee yesterday…much better now. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Ridiculous shoot em up film just out on Amazon - actually thought was good.

If you like Post apocalyptic futures with gory violence and Martial Arts this is heaven:

1 Like

I have no clue why people hate that movie so much.
Sure, it isn’t exactly the greatest movie of all time, but it has some cool scenes in it, Dennis Hopper’s character is hilarious, and when I watched it I found it pretty entertaining.

Probably like with Star Wars: People like to be snobby connoisseurs.

2 Likes

Ugh, you had to remind me of that one. We all HATED it, which of course meant that the media folks showed it on rotation for A MONTH SOLID on the ship when we were underway.

I think that was the apex of his Western Vista period, when he was looking for every excuse imaginable to compose vast, sweeping shots of wide open areas of the American West (see also: Dances With Wolves). And he thought that was what won him the Oscar.

Agreed, but wasn’t Tom Petty in that one?

I think the John Wick series is great for what it is. Just a great way to shut your mind off for a few hours and be entertained while eating some popcorn.

1 Like

Holy crap, I’d totally forgotten about that. I’ve tried to forget that movie over the last 16 years.

1 Like

I am with you on this one. Plus it was not a good cruise movie.

As you and I are well aware–and for those Mudspikarians who have not braved the briny deep in ships of steel– a “good cruise movie” is a film that can be viewed in 10 to 15 minute increments in a totally random order, and you can still understand the whole thing and like it. An example of good cruise movie is EuroTrip (2004)…it is funny and the plot is essentially pointless.

2 Likes