Where Are You Photos [2022]

A T-Shirt I have says “Obey gravity, it’s the law”. Either that or the earth is flat… I haven’t made up my mind yet :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

When I was a kid, I dreamt of flying for the RFDS. :slight_smile:
I have a niece living in Canberra. I really should’ve visited, years ago… It’s on the list.

2 Likes

When you do, let me know. I will bring you out to our place (we are only a couple of hours from Canberra - just down the road in Aussie terms) and guarantee that you will see kangaroos, wallabies, wombats and quite possibly echidnas & platypus in the wild. Also a chance of seeing brown snakes, tiger snakes, red bellied black snakes and alpine copperhead snakes :wink:

Lucky for you there are no drop bears in our area :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

International Bomber Command Memorial to see the 'Walking with Giants memorial errected for Rememberance Day on the 40th anniversay of the liberation of the Falkland Islands. Each dead sailor, soldier, airman and civilian is commemorated individually.

Uploading: 20221018_095729.jpg…
@schurem the Dutch are being copied

The memorial is duplicated, with the other located in the Falkland Islands

16 Likes

In Blythe, California. Just got gas. Heading to Lake Havasu. Friends truck broke down.

3 Likes

Corona, California to Lake Havasu, Arizona back to Menifee, California then finally Corona, California. Little over 13 hours on the road and over 550 miles round trip.

https://goo.gl/maps/XNywoZQpzsQBaoTM6

https://tinyurl.com/mtp6kzpb

Wheels

1 Like

i am always amazed at how big America is… your trip is pretty much the entire length of the UK …
i remember hearing a great phrase that summed up our countries…

in the UK 200 years is not that long, but 200 miles is a long way
in America 200 miles is not far, but 200 years is a long time

8 Likes

Cathedral of Wind - an art installation that was put up over the summer at one of the old mine dumps in the area
Imgur

13 Likes

MiG 28! No one’s been this close before!

18 Likes

another fare dodger getting off at my station this morning :grinning:

11 Likes

As cunning as a fox who’s been to Oxford University…

3 Likes

Starting to feel a bit like @wheelsup_cavu with his gremlins… we had some power issues at the station on Saturday … this is how it was left this morning

Not quite sure how safe this feels :grimacing:

5 Likes

…but has moved on and is now working for the U.N. at the High Commission of International Cunning Planning.

3 Likes

Wow.

1 Like

Sunrise last week

8 Likes

I know it is different in the UK, foxes being a native animal and all, but around here they are SOS (shoot on sight)… In fact I am legally obliged to ‘control’ foxes on my property, which means trap, poison or shoot.

Of the three, shooting is the most humane.

3 Likes

Same here if we can, Harry. We lose enough lambs each year.

Unfortunately they look nice, furry and cute. What most people don’t see is they are a predator that doesn’t just kill to eat.

3 Likes

I feel for you, even though we have cattle, the buggers still come sniffing around when they are calving.

This sorts them out though:

.17 HMR Ruger. And, every gunsafe needs at least one tacticool rifle :wink:

10 Likes

I thought they were classed as vermin like grey squirrels, but after a quick check they are not …
either way I don’t think the police would take kindly to me shooting one in the middle of a small town :grinning: they won’t even control the bloody pigeons that infest most stations

7 Likes

In Honolulu this week, to complete the semi-annual recertification of my simulator here for the ANG.
Got hooked up with a great view.

16 Likes