Where Are You Photos [2022]

Ooh, nice! If my eyes serve me right, isn’t that the Hale Koa in front of you?

2 Likes

That image speaks volumes, “It’s a lousy, filthy, thankless job, but someone has to do it!” :rofl:

6 Likes

Thanks for the postcard! Gall dang I wish I were in Honolulu!

1 Like

Spot on!!

1 Like

It’s a beautiful place to visit, but glad I don’t live here. Ready to head home though.
Enjoy!

1 Like

So, also seeing the Hilton Village in the photo, somewhere in Lancaster, California there may or may not be a full set of beach patio furniture from there that appeared on my ship under mysterious circumstances after a very tame, orderly hail and farewell party that happened there once upon a time…

3 Likes

Sure is. I was lucky enough back in my Army days to spend a few months in 1993 working with 25th Infantry Division. We spent most of our time over on the Big Island, but had a couple of weeks R&R in Oahu… Lots of fond memories, especially as a single (at the time) Aussie in the USA :wink:

Our accommodation was not as ‘salubrious’ as that though. We have a saying in the ADF - The Navy navigates by the stars, the Army sleeps under the stars, the Air Force chooses their Hotels by the stars :stuck_out_tongue:

I chose the wrong branch of the service to join :frowning:

7 Likes

I found a westland whirlwind to play with

18 Likes

Want!

6 Likes

Not sure what I am looking at there, @Victork2
Care to elaborate?

3 Likes

That looks like… some device that scans a surface and then projects a height map of that surface right onto it.

Incredibly useful if you want to level a surface.

5 Likes

Oh…! That’s extremely cool! I want one too…

2 Likes

Correct. Projector above the sandpit. Rescans in real time and is incredibly interesting to play with. So much so that i turned to talk to the family and they had gone.
I made a great lake though

9 Likes

They have one at my kid’s school, its done with an old xbox kinnect stereo camera, a raspberry pi and a projector. Very cool toy, but the kids get bored of it rather quickly…

6 Likes

Damn kids. Ruin everything. I just need 2 toy tanks and im set for hours.

8 Likes

It seems to be (solar) windy tonight :sweat_smile: in the southern part of the DCS Kola map.

17 Likes

Holy crap! I’ve seen aurora borealis before but that sh*t is off the charts! :wink: I wonder what ancient civilizations thought about these things? That top one looks like the hand of god!

5 Likes

Yes, It was surprisingly bright this time. Of course the long exposure helps a bit too :wink:

4 Likes

Impressions from my commute over the last week

Thursday

Friday

I should really take my Camera in the next weeks. Some really impressive sunrises and sunsets over the last weeks

Very cool @UncleZam

13 Likes

Imgur

12 Likes