Let’s goooo

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

11 Likes

These are really nice!

What the heck is that dairy cow crow bird eating?

2 Likes

1 for sorrow
2 for joy
3 for a girl and
4 for a boy
5 for silver
6 for gold
7 for a secret never to be told

Maaaagpie!

At least that’s what Mrs says it is (the bird) though I didn’t cos it’s the wrong colours, but the shape looks the same. I thought it was eating a lizard and that was the tail, but she thinks an insect (maybe a dragonfly?

2 Likes

Thx.

That’s a Hooded Crow, it managed to catch a fish :blush:

5 Likes

Ha! That’s what I said (hooded crow) and the Mrs said I was wrong! Thanks for that - can go and give her a raspberry now! :laughing:

3 Likes

oh I see it now!

Hadn’t clicked on the picture so it looked the claw of some impossibly large creature he had managed to swallow.

Amazing amount of detail, really great.

2 Likes

Wow, that crow eating pic is awesome!

2 Likes

Hehe, yeah. Most of my photos are Flickr links so you can click them to get a full res version where you can zoom in for a 1:1 view. Some of them are cropped but even then they’re still like 10 mega pixel or more (the crow pic is a 28MP crop).

This is a ~260MP panoramic, the PSD-file is a couple of GB, the high quality jpeg about 200MB. Unfortunately Flickr doesn’t seem to show the full resolution even with a pro account.
Imgur

7 Likes

Talking of animals - we had some visitors to our garden - video on Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gTqUgHMYX4h7dU9BXLUDmMeWBIaav0HO/view?usp=share_link

1 Like

For our next edition of I wonder what that could be…

6 Likes

Atlantic at AUS?

1 Like

Oooh a hangar! Brilliant!

2 Likes

Not quite a photo… :grinning:

8 Likes

Did a little bit of backpacking/hammock camping this week. Haven’t done any since 2019 and I’ve gotten pretty out of shape. Still managed to keep up and had a good time without sucking too much. Nothing like sleeping like a baby in a hammock under the stars.

Using the same pack I’ve had for 20 years; probably time to get something better but it just keeps on trucking.

14 Likes

That’s some impressive shadow puppetry, @jenrick!

shadow puppets hands GIF by William Garratt

3 Likes

Cockpit looks a bit weird (might be the angle) but looking at the vertical stabs and general size I’d say F-15C?

Gawd, I’m getting old!

…and I’m crap at selfies! :rofl:

4 Likes

If the green tick is still working , no reason to get rid of it.
Still got mine, and still use it for general rucking. On your hip I can’t quite make out what you’re carry, looks like a good size beaver tail. 1911/2011?

2 Likes

:rofl: That’s the one I haven’t heard before, but very appropriate!

That's actually a plain ol' boring Glock 19. (Firearms digression...)

I started carrying with a 1911 and have owned/own a handful, but one day I had an epiphany about weight/capacity and switched to Glocks wholesale for carry and put in the practice to get good with that spongy plastic trigger (never a fan of the aftermarket ones like Apex, for safety reasons- I’ve seen them do funny things in other people’s Glocks). Then Gen5 came out and fixed it, which was nice.

Up in Alaska I’ve carried a single-action .45LC with loads appropriate for bears, and I almost packed that instead, until I picked it up to belt it on and decided I didn’t want the weight. Plus none of my Glocks have a propensity to rust, which is a bonus.

Dunno why it looks like it has a beaver tail, but I see it too now. I think it might be the shadow of my shirt or something.

2 Likes