Where Are You Photos [2023]

If you’re requesting a rescue, we’re here for you!

But we’ll come for the steak first. …and you should order another pint too.

4 Likes

And only if the steak is medium rare none of this well done rubbish :rofl:

1 Like

Not that there’s anything wrong with that…

And forget the steak, I’m looking at what your missus is about to tuck into and thinking I haven’t had a decent Paella for ages!

3 Likes

Gay: festive, joyous, happy.

Shouldn’t all bars be gay? Except the drown-your-blues in whiskey kind?

6 Likes

We have an epic hangover. Awesome night. Funniest thing done for a long time.

6 Likes

Okay, I’ll do it…

3 Likes

That was me. 2 pints of lager for a basically tee total man and I channelled the spirit of tina turner and let er rip

4 Likes

Two pints and :thinking:

I guess there is always therapy :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Proud old soldier. Being used for advertising is better than being cut up i suppose

11 Likes

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

12 Likes

Frognall yesterday evening - nice to have a ride…

7 Likes

Im Back For All Mankind GIF by Apple TV+

Hi! I’ve just booted up the gaming PC for the first time in a year or so - luckily it still works!

I’ve had a very busy few months but hopefully will get the odd flight in again now.

How are you all? :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Hey man! Good to see you back again! Doing great here, but hardly flying enough. So what kept ya?

4 Likes

Hey! Nice!
Best of luck and welcome back!

3 Likes

Welcome back!

There’s a lot of new stuff in various sims for you to enjoy.

3 Likes

A combination of things, really!

We moved in to the house we’ve been renovating back in October, but there’s still lots and lots of little (and big) things to do, some of which are within my ability, so there’s that - also my folks came to stay over the summer months and they stayed in the office/spare room so I wouldn’t have been able to play, even if I had set up the rig.

Eva started school, which has changed up the logistics quite a bit…her little sister is still in daycare, so there’s quite a bit of transport planning each week.

In addition to that, my wife is sort of working through a big year, if it all goes well she might be in for a promotion, so I’m trying to enable that by taking as much of the domestic stuff as I can handle…I’ve been consuming audiobooks and podcasts while cooking and cleaning :smiley:

Aand if that wasn’t enough, I’ve sort of half-pivoted at work towards sustainable finance - I’ve still got half of my property finance lending portfolio, but I gave the other half away to free up time to come up with a green loan product for our property finance department, and a transition / greening strategy for the same. The bank’s paying for me to do a certificate in sustainable finance, which is great, but it’s basically a 600-page book of really dense information I need to learn by heart for an exam in September…it’s like drinking from a firehose. I’m passionate about it, so it’s great, but it is a challenge.

So yeah, it’s mostly all good stuff, but basically there’s plenty to do for every waking hour, and then some :smiley:

12 Likes

On a vacation with my family now.

Today’s trek brought us to a place near CZ-PL border. A little village with an end-of-18th century church and…
…remainings of a crashed aircraft.

Question: Which aircraft? (yeah, this is an easy one)

7 Likes

Bits of ju-52?

7 Likes

Dang! I said it was easy :+1:

Google translated text from German:

JU-52 PLANE DISASTER AT SCHNEEKOPPE

Towards the end of World War II, the most famous plane crash in the Giant Mountains occurred on the Sněžka massif. It was not forgotten mainly because the wreckage of the plane lay scattered on part of the slope of Obří hřeben for a whole 53 years and 7 months. In February 1945, the Red Army had encircled Breslau (Wroclaw) and the German Wehrmacht was forced to evacuate their wounded from here. After midnight on February 23, the German transport aircraft Junkers 52 with fuselage number 7759 crashed at the makeshift airfield in Breslau while attempting to land. The plane broke down, but the crew of four and their pilot Otto Kloppmann escaped with their lives. They immediately boarded another JU-52/3m g4e Junkers, piloted by pilot Emil Hannemann and co-pilot Albert Link. In addition to both full crews, there were 20 wounded soldiers on board, making a total of 28 people. Their destination was most likely the airfield with a hospital in Mladá Boleslav or Hradec Králové. Over the Giant Mountains, the Junkers got caught in a heavy snowstorm. At that time, the meteorological station allegedly determined wind speeds of over 110 km/h. Around 11:00 a.m. the plane crashed on the slope of the giant ridge below Sněžka, just below the Travers road. Apparently, judging by the smashed center engine, the plane hit the slope head-on. No one will ever know how many passengers were still alive immediately after the crash. All we know is that six men managed to get out of the rubble - none of the crew were among them. The wounded soldiers trudged four kilometers towards Růžová hora and the Růžohorka chalet through snow and storm. They arrived at the Baude around half past seven. The youngest of them, Siegfried Szewezyk, who was not yet eighteen, died shortly afterwards, four soldiers survived. Now the people on Sněžka found out about the accident and sent out a search party, but they were unable to locate the crashed plane for four hours because of the snowstorm. When they finally got to the plane, the wounded soldiers who were said to have survived the crash were there too already dead. On the same day, men from Klein Aupa set out to rescue the dead. Each dead person was taken to Malå Úpa Cemetery on a horned sleigh, and there they were all buried in two rows to the left of the cemetery gate. In June 2002, the remains of the 23 soldiers were exhumed by the Association for the Care of German War Graves and then buried in the German military cemetery in Brno. The identification according to the Wehrmacht identification marks confirmed the number of dead, as they are registered in the register in a register entered with a pencil, together with the confirming stamp of the parish district.

The plane stalled on the slope of Sněžka, but both tourists and locals picked out anything useful or interesting and stole it. First all fittings disappeared, then the seats and the corrugated iron from the fuselage was even used for the DIY production of washing machines. The most interesting are the three BMW engines. On September 23, 1998 residents of Malá Úpa collected the last parts and pieces of the plane into transport nets. At 2:15 p.m., the experienced pilot Jaroslav Rákos flew in with an Aerocentrum transport helicopter and the engines, together with a piece of the fuselage of the JUL52, began their last flight over the Löwengrund. Twenty minutes later, the second load, consisting of smaller pieces, was removed in the same way. The late recovery also brought a little surprise. The serial number 8620 was retained on the rear fuselage section. The number 6820 is incorrectly listed in the Air Force log for this accident. The remains of the aircraft are deposited in Malá Úpa, and the best-preserved of the three engines is on display here.

6 Likes

not many planes that have that corrugated sheet panel look :grin:

5 Likes