Where You Are Photos (2019)

More amazing photos, that high speed train is so clear. Would be interested in your settings to get such clarity as it speeds past. But my prize has to go to that old lady, her timing to open that door and hopefully jump onto the moving train gives hope to me as I gradually approach pension age.

3 Likes

They’re baccccccckkkkkkk

:+1::+1::+1:

My wife sent me these as I was just heading back to land…I’ll try a flyover of them tommorow if the weather doesn’t beat me.

7 Likes

The trick is to go the same speed as the train. In this case it’s about 30km/s around the sun and roughly 230km/s around the galactic core.

5 Likes

One sexy dutch beast caught my attention this morning. Never seen a KDC10 before. A rare treat!! I need to start carrying my camera

4 Likes

I knew a girl like that- years ago in Berlin… I was ninteen and she KOMEMIUTE HAS BEEN BANNED

AGAIN

9 Likes

Gotcha. Right place. Right time. Wrong camera. Still pleased I saw her

7 Likes

And heard, pretty distinctive sound she makes.

3 Likes

I thought he was talking about a tray of gourmet stroopwafels…

4 Likes

Again- just like that girl th… KOMEMIUTE HAS BEEN FORCIBLY REMOVED FROM THE FORUM

7 Likes

Oh geez what abomination before Bog.

3 Likes

…a KDC-10? Perhaps in a Rubenesque sense…just say’n…a little too much “cushion for push’n” if you ask me…hey, what am I doing out here with @komemiute? :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Dunno man- one moment I’m posting in the forum then * BAM * out in the cold! D:

3 Likes

Not to be pedantic but this lady is a KDC10. A converted airliner turned into a refueler with a bit more cargo capability

2 Likes

Fixed it.

Jeez it is cold out here. :cold_face:

1 Like

Here’s a Dutch sexy beast:

Google Photos

Day at the beach with the family
They’re all inside that pier, spurning that glorious force 6 wind. The name of the place was used by the resistance to check for dutchiness. It is impossible to pronounce for Germans.

10 Likes

To be fair I have stated on this forum more than once how I’m partial to the larger bird…Antonov…galaxy…globemaster…

2 Likes

Ah yeah- I remember those posts. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love stories like these!

Hope you and the family have a great day mate.

1 Like

Oh man I wish I had my camera with me this afternoon. The mobile photos don’t do it justice. Gorgeous sunset and stormy sky:

7 Likes

Some more from Berlin.

Grunewald Station:
Imgur
There’s a Memorial for the Jews that were deported from this train station during WWII. It’s a disused platform with metal plates along the track for each day the Nazis deported Berlin Jews, along with the number of Jews deported. Seeing these numbers, often around 1000 people a day, for every day a train left Grunewald to a concentration camp, from 1941 up until close to the end of WW II send chills down my spine.

Projectors at the Brandenburg Gate for the Festival of Lights:
Imgur

9 Likes