Where You Are Photos

I’d love to have the recipe as well!

Umm…

1. Buy grits: https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=anson+mills+grits&tag=hydsma-20&index=aps&hvadid=178308082214&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15576065974448363843&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9060032&hvtargid=kwd-29811258903&ref=pd_sl_k1de1s4fi_e&gclid=CjwKCAiAoqXQBRA8EiwAIIOWsn7sbA2eQuf0302Yi3dgLtNqMTUR8dmK7K7h-uqPgcW_dTG_KNnX9hoCsk0QAvD_BwE

2. Prepare according to directions. Cook longer for creamier, shorter for al dente.

3. Serve with butter, salt, cheese, syrup, hot sauce, etc to taste?

I think that’s it…

To be warned, when I lived in Southern California, I had to have my parents send it from North Carolina. The looks I got asking if Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods on the west coast stocked them…

3 Likes

So the chances of my local village store in Britanny, France selling them are slim?

1 Like

Polenta is similar, but more finely ground.

1 Like

I tend to order things in restaurants that I can’t or don’t normally make at home, so when I see Shrimp and Grits on the menu I usually get it. Grits have also become a staple of gourmet (read: expensive) brunch spots around here.

Fortunately a good friend here grew up in the Charlotte area and he has us over for Shrimp and Grits quite often. He has his mom send him the Grits along with his monthly order of Dukes mayonaise, which I am less enamored of.

Southerners will also try to tell you that the humidity and climate has a lot to do with how good your Grits come out but I am not buying that. Egg rolls are good everywhere and so are Grits.

3 Likes

Oh, it definitely does - the simple physics of boiling things would prove that. :wink:

So noooo, I am not going to argue with a trained Nuke plant operator! But I am just going to posit that Grits can be cooked deliciously anywhere.

1 Like

They weren’t nearly as good at the hipster overpriced southern - inspired restaurant in San Diego. Which has a significantly drier climate.

And that’s all I have to say about that.

1 Like

Not X-Plane… I think I’m in Minneapolis…

2 Likes

How many Mk-82s can that carry? :thinking:

3 Likes

My less bigger ride…

3 Likes

How many Mk-82s can that carry? :thinking:

Probably more then it ever should! :wink:

6 Likes

Plano, Tx

2 Likes

Rain? Cold? Dreary? Must be Ohio in Autumn

3 Likes

Or the UK, all the time…

4 Likes

That’s not true. I distinctly remember a period of 6 days of continuous sunshine in the summer of 1976! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes…yes it was.

luk2

2 Likes

6 Likes

As nice as the South Coast of England every gets…

2 Likes